Thursday, May 10, 2012

COMFORT




Have you thanked Him?

Have you praised Him?

Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?

Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?

ARE YOU SEEKING?

1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)

1-3The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.

Wanted to share a “neat” experience this morning.

Yesterday my son Ian had some eye surgery to repair an issue that he has had for some time.  He is doing well this morning.  All went swimmingly.

But as we were waiting in pre-op for his scheduled time, we had some visitors.  Pastor Matt, Pastor Shannan, Pastor Dave, and Pastor Mark along with a full set (4) of grandparents came in and circled Ian’s bed.

Then we prayed.  Pastor Matt, Dave and Mark all lifted Ian up.  It was very cool.

After everyone had left Ian, who is 10, leaned over to mom and said, “I just had 4 pastors pray for me, I will be alright”.  Now, since I made 5 pastors in the room, I am not sure where that puts me on that list J…just kidding, but it was very sweet.  It was a great testimony to the comforting power of GOD.

Isaiah 66:12

As a mother comforts her child,
so I'll comfort You

And boy did Ian have the best of all those worlds yesterday. Mom, 2 grand – “MOM’s” and his heavenly father all there to comfort him and ease his anxiety!

Isn’t so reassuring that we have a GOD who comforts?

The word comfort means "to give strength or staying power," or "to soothe in time of affliction or distress."

We live in some very afflicted and chaotic times don’t we? Life is intense!

But GOD is a GOD who allows us curl up with Him, to place our heads on His lap like a child to his mother and comfort and renew us!

This is one of my FAVORITE and one of my GO to FREEDOM verses and it speaks so readily of GOD’s desire to comfort.

2 Corinthians 1:3


The Message (MSG)

The Rescue

3-5All praise to the God and Father of our Master, Jesus the Messiah! Father of all mercy! God of all healing counsel! He comes alongside us when we go through hard times, and before you know it, he brings us alongside someone else who is going through hard times so that we can be there for that person just as God was there for us. We have plenty of hard times that come from following the Messiah, but no more so than the good times of his healing comfort—we get a full measure of that, too.

Love that verse!

Maybe you like Ian yesterday could use a little comfort.

God can and will be your comfort.

God's love, sent through the promises of his Word, is a blanket of hope, a tender touch and a peaceful rush.

"The light of God surrounds me,

The love of God enfolds me,

The power of God protects me,

The Presence of God watches over me,

Wherever I am, God is."
- Prayer card



I love you all.

Freedom Church




No comments:

Post a Comment