Friday, February 17, 2017

BE ONE

Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.
 
Prayer for Moving Forward
 
May my path be a goodness in the world.
One foot in front of the other, I move forward.
One decision at a time, my life changes and reforms.
One day, gives way to night, and then a new day.
there is great power in “one”.
 
One person can speak for many.
One voice of truth, can change the future.
One action, taken with conviction, can change reality.
I am one, who is moving forward.
 
May my path be blessed, as I walk into the future.
May my footsteps be of benefit to others.
I am one, may my journey be joyous. – Willowroot
 
Yesterday while sitting not too far from the Columbus airport as plane after plane descended for landing just outside the conference room window (which was pretty neat to watch against that clear blue sky), I was blessed to convene with some pretty remarkable folks.
 
Dotted across the table was one Kim. ONE for trauma-informed education and an advocate for the hurting. Stephanie, ONE for the Jewish community of which she is a powerful voice. Jennifer, ONE tapped by Attorney General Mike DeWine to make a difference in this opiate crisis, Marcia, ONE who was looking to link the CHURCH partners of Mt. Carmel and its network in the cause for recovery, and Katherine, ONE who was knitting all the other ONES (including me) together.
 
And as our meeting kicked off, Marcia was led to lead us in the little thought that opened today’s OFH.
 
Pause and re-read it.
 
While we are “just ONE” are, we inspired to make a difference?
Are we "ONE" who will speak up?

Will we find JOY in our journey as we strive to benefit others with our movements and our actions?
Will we be "ONE" who is providing a PATHWAY to GOODNESS in “our little worlds”?
In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven.  - Matthew 5:16 (ESV)
 
I so appreciated Marcia beginning our “business and collaboration” session with a call to being “one of those ONES”.
 
And that is my encouragement for you today.
As you move FORWARD into your today...

Are you ONE?

ONE who will…
“Do all the good you can. By all the means you can. In all the ways you can. In all the places you can. At all the times you can. To all the people you can. As long as ever you can.”
― John Wesley
 
I pray that you WILL be ONE!
 
 
I love you all…
Be BLESSED this weekend!
OPPORTUNITIES for HOPE

No comments:

Post a Comment