Tuesday, June 4, 2019

LIGHT-BEARERS

Have you thanked Him?

Have you praised Him?

Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?

Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?

1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)

The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.



“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.” ― Marianne Williamson

Let your light shine in front of (ALL). Then they will see the good things you do and will honor your Father Who is in heaven. - Matthew 5:16 New Life Version (NLV)



When given the opportunity, do you “shine or shy”?  That is a tricky question.  At least it is for me.  I found myself near death trying to “shine” all the time.  My narcissistic nature has often deceived me to think that I must shine because so many are “needing it”.

How silly.

How arrogant.


Back then I “shined” the light on me so that I could be glorified; so that I felt affirmed.  That sort of shining nearly snuffed my light for good.

That is NOT what Williamson nor Jesus are saying.



They are saying we SHINE by nature.  Our SHINYNESS is an ATTRACTION.

As SONS and DAUGHTERS of GOD there is a GLOW within us that is constantly look for a way to escape.  This GLOW, this RENEWED Spirit, is designed to draw attention to the FATHER.



So, we are to neither shy away from those opportunities to let our light shine. “God is not a secret to be kept. ... If I make you light-bearers, you don’t think I’m going to hide you under a bucket, do you?” – Matthew 5:14 (MSG)



I know I hit this point the other day, but in recent days I have been around some shiny folks; folks whose radiance is unmistakable.  And THOSE are the folks that are making a HUGE DIFFERENCE in the lives of others.



Lights like E.F. who is DAILY shining her light into one of the darkest neighborhoods in West Columbus.  Lights like T.C. whose light has expanded to multiple cities, multiple states and countries. Lights like F.R. whose light is contagious and inspiring so many to share in the LORD’S GOODNESS!



I could go on.

Let’s take this light challenge from the LORD seriously.  Keep your light shining.  Keep your light focused on the FATHER and you’ll prompt people toward GOD, toward their light-source, and toward their son and daughter-ship.



“People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within.” ― Elisabeth Kübler-Ross



You HAVE THAT LIGHT!  Shine!







I love you all!

OPPORTUNITIES for HOPE

No comments:

Post a Comment