Friday, August 31, 2018

EAST TO WEST

Have you thanked Him?

Have you praised Him?

Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?

Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?

1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)

The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.



When the enemy comes with shame and blame, tell him to go measure the distance from east to west and get back to you.

Louie Giglio



Psalm 103:8-13 Living Bible (TLB)

He is merciful and tender toward those who don’t deserve it; he is slow to get angry and full of kindness and love. He never bears a grudge, nor remains angry forever. He has not punished us as we deserve for all our sins, for his mercy toward those who fear and honor him is as great as the height of the heavens above the earth. He has removed our sins as far away from us as the east is from the west. He is like a father to us, tender and sympathetic to those who reverence him.



I needed that today.

You?



This has been such a busy 10 days.  I am out of gas.

I am really tired. 



And while we have held conferences and meetings, while we have seen NEW folks get engaged and are seeing DIFFERENCES being made all over the place, the enemy took to whispering to me around 3am today.



Doubt.

Uncertainty.

Anxiety. Again.



But at the PROMPTING last week of a good friend, a trusted and wise friend, instead of languishing in the lie, I opened the WORD.  I sought some truth both from Louis and from the PSALMIST.



And what beautiful truth it is.

I am bathed in mercy today.

I am as far removed from my sin as the east is from the west.

I have a FATHER who instead of piling on is tender and gentle with my frailty.

He is kind.
So why feel this way?



So, while the physical symptoms may persist a little this morning, my SPIRIT is speaking to my mind and my heart and reminding me that I am “just fine”.  Thanks to the space between one nail-scarred hand and another.



I am grabbing one of those hands and together we will make it through today.  
We will.

You will too.



In pain, I'd rather walk with Jesus with all of my questions, than walk by myself with all the answers. - Rick Warren









Have a blessed WEEKEND…

I love you all.

OPPORTUNITIES for HOPE

No comments:

Post a Comment