Tuesday, May 14, 2019

BLESSING AWAITS

Have you thanked Him?

Have you praised Him?

Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?

Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?

1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)

The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.



You can find people who have discovered the fact that it's really helping people, it's really being compassionate toward other human beings that makes you happy, that gives you a spiritual fulfillment - a kind of fulfillment that goes way beyond anything you can buy. – George Lucas

GOOD TRUTH!

bless—that’s your job, to bless. You’ll be a blessing and also get a blessing. - 1 Peter 3:9 (MSG)



That is today’s FACEBOOK encouragement.  I think it a good one.  Much like a recent OFH installment, which I know has been a couple of days ago (sorry about that), it reminds us that when we GIVE, when we BLESS, when we “shed ourselves”, contentment, happiness, joy, and satisfaction follow.



I had the chance to get to the “FREEDOM REBOOT” at my local church last night. With all the recent travel and obligations, I haven’t had the chance to sit in for a while.

Just seeing new faces, old faces, a dedicated team, a sharing team, a team that is learning the POWER of BLESSING others, blessed me!



But as I marinate on that little quote from Lucas and the familiar passage from Peter, I am reminded that it does takes COMPASSION, an unselfish posture; a putting others first posture to truly BLESS others.



That is why I am always quick to quote Peter when I am in front of faith leaders around the country or just one on one with someone who ‘wants to help’ those in the addiction/trafficked/traumatized space.  I use Peter’s wisdom to show that if you SERVE, BLESSING will COME!

So, SERVE!

Paul even went one step further and said when we assume the posture of service, we are emulating CHRIST!

in authentic humility put others first and view others as more important than yourselves.  Abandon every display of selfishness. Possess a greater concern for what matters to others instead of your own interests.  And consider the example that Jesus, the Anointed One, has set before us. Let his mindset become your motivation. Philippians 2:3-5 (TPT)



So, your assignment today is a familiar one!

Be a blessing!

Set aside “self”.

Put another ahead of you; maybe simply at the checkout at Walmart later.

Pick up lunch today if you are out with a co-worker.

Just two or so weeks ago after returning from Atlanta, I felt led to send a little “thank you” gift to the lady who arranged everything for me to attend and speak.  It was a small investment for me, but the note of thanks and appreciation I received was such an amazing blessing!  She was so happy and that made me happy!

So, I know it works!

Don’t get it twisted though.  Don’t give to get!

Just BLESS.  GOD is FAITHFUL to take care of the REST!

If we give and we are a blessing to other people, that God promises in his word that he will take care of us. Actually, says he'll open the windows of heaven and pour out a blessing so great that we can't contain it. – Joyce Meyer



I love you all!

OPPORTUNITIES for HOPE

No comments:

Post a Comment