Thursday, May 23, 2019

LIVE PURPOSEFULLY

Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.

Some days in preparing the OFH I am listening to the Lord for a little inspiration or thinking back to the day prior to seek a lesson. And today, thanks to FACEBOOK I have this wonderful little nugget to share with all of you, courtesy of one the finest ladies I know, Ms. Marisa Maxey.  Thanks, Marisa, for today’s inspiration!

Marisa writes:
“Thank you all for the birthday wishes! Today was such a great day full of so many blessings. I so enjoy the Facebook wishes, texts, and calls - I love each and every one!

It has been an emotional week, but I’ll start off my 36th year with a lesson from the late Curtis Landis that I was reminded of yesterday.

Curtis was an amazing man, he not only blessed me with a best friend but a whole other family that I love like my own. They have always welcomed me with open arms even to the point of saving me a spot at the family dinner table each Thanksgiving. All because of the love Curtis and Carolyn instill into their kids, grandkids and all who know them.

As their Pastor stated at Curtis’s viewing - “The greatest sermons are not given behind a podium, they are given by those who live what they believe.”

Curtis’s life was a true testimony to that. I’m just one of many people God used him to bless over his 80 years of life.

His son Craig spoke such kind and wise words of his father, but one thing he mentioned stuck with me the most.

He said, “Dad always had a purpose for everything. He would say, ‘now the reason the trash bags are here is because’....and he’d always tell us why.”

Curtis lived a purpose driven life. Everything had a purpose. What I know from following Jesus, is that when you know the purpose of everything you do or have, you’ll always have more than enough.

What an amazing moment for Curtis to meet Jesus and be told - “Well done good and faithful servant.”

So today, I lived super purposefully in his honor and I hope to continue to do that every day.

I spent most of the day just me and Jesus, out in nature, in complete gratitude of the life I’ve been given. I’m thankful for the new found spark to continue to live as purposefully as possible until I meet Him one day.

And I challenge you to do the same -

1. Find purpose in all you do and in all you have.
2. Look for the good in every day.
3. Spend as much time as you can with Jesus.
4. Love God and love others.
5. Leave every person you encounter a little better off than you found them.

Do these things and watch your life and the lives of those around you change.

If you search for good you will find favor.
Proverbs 11:27
                                                                   Marisa Maxey 5.21.2019

I love you all!
OPPORTUNITIES for HOPE

Pastor GDelaney

No comments:

Post a Comment