Tuesday, August 5, 2014

SIMPLY SEEK

Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
1-3The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.

Ephesians 5:15 (AMP)
Live purposefully and worthily and accurately, not as the unwise and witless, but as wise (sensible, intelligent people)…

You have the opportunity right now to “set your mind” for the day ahead.  You do.
GOD is encouraging us to “be purposeful”.
GOD is encouraging us to “be wise”.

The day ahead could be littered with potholes and problems and it is up to us to make wise decisions and seek His counsel for how to choose the proper path while swerving to miss the ruts as we journey.

And here is some wonderful news. GOD is ready to help!
PROVERBS 8:32-33
Blessed the man, blessed the woman, who listens to me (GODLY WISDOM), awake and ready for me each morning, alert and responsive as I start my day’s work. When you find me, you find life, real life…

I probably was engaged in no less than five conversations over the course of yesterday that began with disparate problems, yet ended with the same solution. 

That solution was to SEEK GOD.

For one the problem was financial.
Solution: Seek GOD and trust His provision.
For another the problem was relational.
Solution: Seek GOD and trust His counsel.
For another the problem was internal.
Solution: Seek GOD and trust His faithfulness.

Problem after problem…all very different…all very personal yet all were addressed and helped by the same simple message.  Seek GOD first.

Now I know for most who read this little blog each day, this is an elementary notion; a very simple and obvious encouragement.  But be truthful, it is one that is frequently forgotten.

Often life’s busyness causes us to jump into our days without seeking proper counsel from the Lord. That is not being WISE as instructed is it? Often the crisis’ we face serve to cloud or blot GOD out from sight.  Often our personal pities push our sights inward rather than upward.
Then often the problem magnifies.

Truth is GOD loves to be sought.  He does.  He gets excited when His children come to Him with their problems and challenges, trusting Him to be the marvelous Father that He is.
Proverbs 8:17
I love those who love me, and those who seek me diligently find me.
Yet often we stop seeking and start “solving” without Him.

So let’s not do that today.  Let’s seek Him first.
Be it for counsel or affirmation.  Be it for comfort or provision.
Be it for guidance and direction.

Let’s SEEK GOD and allow Him to guide us to the solution to whatever the “problem” may be!
Psalm 119
Give me insight so I can do what you tell me— my whole life one long, obedient response.
...Give me a bent for your words of wisdom,

For as simple as it seems, that is still the best answer to every problem.
 
I love you all.
Freedom Church
 
Pastor GDelaney

No comments:

Post a Comment