Monday, February 13, 2012

PAST PRESSURE

Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
ARE YOU SEEKING?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
1-3The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.
Do you feel “pressured” by your past? Ever feel like you are just about to pull away from some of your “junk” you have left at the curb and then suddenly it springs up and starts chasing you? Bearing down on you?
Ever go back and “pick it up” and put “it” in the backseat again?
Truth is some of life’s greatest challenges are not the ones we see through the windshield; they are, instead, the junk that seems to fill the rearview mirror. Trouble is we lack perfect control over our thoughts and sometimes even as hard as we try, as much as we want to, we sometimes allow those things in our past to continue to “hitch a ride”.
So instead of focusing our thoughts and energies on the opportunities of today, we may allow painful memories to fill our minds and sap our strength. We simply can’t seem to let go of our pain, so we relive it again and again . . . with predictably unfortunate consequences.
Thankfully, God has other plans.
Thankfully GOD has a way to help us not only take that junk to the curb but help us to LEAVE IT THERE!
Paul gave us HIS STRATEGY…

Philippians 3:13-14

The Message (MSG)
Focused on the Goal
12-14I'm not saying that I have this all together, that I have it made. But I am well on my way, reaching out for Christ, who has so wondrously reached out for me. Friends, don't get me wrong: By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I've got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward—to Jesus. I'm off and running, and I'm not turning back.
I’m NOT TURNING BACK!
I’m NOT GOING BACK TO THE CURB, no matter how persistent that junk may be, I am going to leave it there!
Yet for many of us, pitching those past pains is much harder than it appears; more easily said than done.
I mean what good does it do to “entertain” the past?
No amount of anger or bitterness can change what happened yesterday. Tears can’t change the past; regrets can’t change it. Our worries won’t change the past, and neither will our complaints. Simply put, the past is, and always will be, the past. Forever.
So don’t go back to it…what is the point?
Christ has freed us from it! So LET IT GO!

1 John 2:12

New Life Version (NLV)
Do Not Love the World
12 I am writing to you, my children, for your sins have been forgiven because of Christ’s name.
You see that…”SINS FORGIVEN”…in other words…PAST PITCHED!
So why give it a ride?
Leave it at the curb. Don’t go back to “it”, don’t give it the time of day.
Do as the GAP CHOIR exhorted yesterday in this song…"I won't go back to the way it use to be before YOUR PRESENCE came and changed me"
I love you all
Be blessed.
Freedom Church

No comments:

Post a Comment