Wednesday, August 7, 2013

WHOLEHEARTED

Have you thanked Him?

Have you praised Him?

Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?

Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?

1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)

1-3The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.

“When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.” Walt Disney

Got to admit it feels good to be back at the desk this morning. Don’t get me wrong, vacations and family time are awesome. I would not trade them or this most recent blessing for all the tea in EPCOT China, but it is good to be back.

While I was away and in between the magical mice, the dazzling spectacles, the endless laughter and smiles and admittedly a FREEDOM challenge or two, I had the chance to notice some of Walt Disney’s quotes posted throughout the resort. I jotted several down, but I wanted to expand on the one above this morning because it intrigued me.

“When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.”

In other words, when you believe in something, be ALL in no second guesses and no questions. To simplify it a little further, be WHOLEHEARTED about the things you believe in!

So that begged the question for me today. Am I wholehearted when it comes to my BELIEF in Jesus? Am I all in? Do I operate without question when it comes to my faith? Would someone be able to say that I am IMPLICITLY sold out on this “GOD THING?”

GOD asks us all to BE COMMITTED to HIM for our faith to not waver, for our belief to be rock solid.

Joshua 24:14

So now: Fear God. Worship him in total commitment.

Walt is right.

When it comes to this “GOD THING” we have to be committed to our pursuit and belief! There is no room for wishy-washy faith or commitment. We need to “without question” embrace GOD, embrace HIS direction and His plans!

Mark 11:22

Jesus was matter-of-fact: “Embrace this God-life. Really embrace it, and nothing will be too much for you.

So today, EMBRACE this “GOD THING” completely. Put your whole heart and your whole soul into it!

Deuteronomy 6:5

Love God, your God, with your whole heart: love him with all that’s in you, love him with all you’ve got!

I believe with “belief” like that, we will experience another of Walt’s little quotes.

“It's kind of fun to do the impossible.” Walt Disney



I love you all…

Freedom Church



Pastor GDelaney

No comments:

Post a Comment