Thursday, August 1, 2013

THAT'S MY DAD


Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
1-3The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.

One of the neatest attractions at DISNEY’S ANIMAL KINGDOM is “FINDING NEMO” the Musical. I know it isn’t a thrill ride or some high tech simulation.  It is “just a show” but it is a remarkable show.  Actors are manipulating, puppets, singing live and emulating “fish” all while singing and dancing it is remarkable.

And if you know the story of FINDING NEMO there is a little clown fish NEMO who in an act of rebellion swims away from his dad only to find lots of trials and challenges culminating with being stuck in a dentist’s office tank.

But the real story is the incredible journey undertaken by “the dad” to find him and bring him home.  Dad encounters all sorts of characters and a harrowing adventure that includes sharks, jellyfish, a laid back turtle and a wild trip on the EAC.
That part sound familiar?

We are a lot like NEMO.
We are rebellious.  We decide we know better than our “FATHER” and we decide to swim off on our own all the time don’t we?

But GOD acts just like the DAD in the musical when it comes to us.  He never gives up on us.  He pursues us doggedly and continuously.  He so desperately wants to be united with us!
That’s our dad!

NEMO: “That's my dad!
I knew all along!
Underneath he's really brave and strong
He's on his way now
And I'm so glad
Of all the fish in the ocean
That's my dad!”

Jeremiah 31:3
I (GOD) have loved you with an everlasting love; therefore I have continued my faithfulness to you.

I couldn’t help but think of the incredible story of the prodigal son and the dad.  The son went off in rebellion only to find a father who desperately wanted him to return.
In fact every time they reprised the “THAT’S MY DAD” number from the show, my mind was reminded that “that’s my dad”.  I have a “dad” who goes to every length to reunite him and me in spite of my rebellion.

Psalm 86
You’ve always been great toward me—what love! You snatched me from the brink of disaster! But you, O God, are tender and kind, not easily angered, immense in love, and you never, never quit.

That’s my DAD!
That’s your DAD too!
Thank Him today!

I love you all…
Freedom Church
 
Pastor GDelaney

No comments:

Post a Comment