Friday, July 26, 2013

FALLING FORWARD


Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
1-3The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.
Beth and I switched cars a couple times this week to save a little gas money and she had Sandy Patty’s 2007 album “FALLING FORWARD” in the disc changer. I hadn’t listened to the title song since being sober. No joke. Here is the “funny” part, I sang that song while I was still, well let’s say, not so sober. But now, that I am the lyrics really struck a chord with me.
“There are moments on this journey, If you'll ask me how I feel
It seems I'm moving backward or else just standing still
When I'm frozen in my failure, there's a whisper don't forget
Your redeemer somehow uses even what you most regret
Step by Step, Day by Day,
I'm completely undone by the miracle of grace and I'm amazed
Through it all even when I fall I'm falling forward
Your open arms are waiting; Your compassion takes me in
I have tasted sweet forgiveness There is strength to stand again
As I'm caught up in your kindness, once again I find
In heavens love there's always hope for every heart like mine.
And Step by Step, Day by Day,
I'm completely undone by the miracle of grace and I'm amazed
Through it all even when I fall I'm falling forward.
I have tears for the compromise I've known.
But even more for the mercy You have shown.
And Step by Step, Day by Day,
I'm completely undone by the miracle of grace and I'm amazed
Through it all even when I fall I'm falling forward"
Paul said it this way.
Philippians 3:12-14
I’m not saying that I have this all together, that I have it made. But I am well on my way, reaching out for Christ, who has so wondrously reached out for me. Friends, don’t get me wrong: By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I’ve got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward—to Jesus. I’m off and running, and I’m not turning back.
I love the line from the song that says “When I'm frozen in my failure, there's a whisper, don't forget. Your redeemer somehow uses even what you most regret”
My redeemer has somehow used a decade and a half of addiction and all of its regrets and somehow, someway has allowed me to “fall forward”. He's done the same for you!
So like Paul I am going to continue to embrace the grace of GOD that allows me to “step by step and day by day” to fall forward in the grace of the Almighty. I am on my way!
I will fail.
You will fail.
But the compassion of our Lord will NEVER FAIL!
1 Corinthians 13:7-8
It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails.
"In heavens love there's always hope for every heart like mine."
And yours!
Even when we fall.
Have a blessed weekend!
I love you all…
Freedom Church
Pastor GDelaney

No comments:

Post a Comment