Tuesday, July 9, 2013

A "FIND" in the FRAZZLED




Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
1-3The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.
I will admit it. I hit a wall about 4pm yesterday. Too much “stuff” at once. I was getting pulled in too many directions. To be sincere I was a little frazzled.
I am not much for frazzled. I am not an “order”freak by any stretch, but when I feel like a day is “getting away” from me and that frazzled feeling emerges, I often look to retreat and retire.
But yesterday was FREEDOM RIB NIGHT and there was no room nor time for any retiring. And boy oh boy I am glad I didn’t.
Why?
Because GOD showed up to remind me how much He truly loves me.
Zephaniah 3:17
Your God is present among you…He’ll calm you with his love and delight you with his songs.
He showed up along with a loving group of friends who blessed me immeasurably. I am deeply grateful to GOD for not allowing my frazzled state to cause me to miss out on an amazing “FIND”.
But that is what GOD does. He does the unimaginable. He astounds and amazes. He showers blessings. He offeres "FINDS" in our frazzled.
He loves to do things like that!
2 Corinthians 9:8-10
God can pour on the blessings in astonishing ways so that you’re ready for anything and everything, more than just ready to do what needs to be done. As one psalmist puts it, He throws caution to the winds, giving to the needy in reckless abandon. His right-living, right-giving ways never run out, never wear out. This most generous God who gives seed to the farmer that becomes bread for your meals is more than extravagant with you.
Never forget friends, GOD can take the most mundane or even the most maladjusted day and turn it around. He can take the drab and make it fab; make the lame, lavish! He delights in delighting you and me.
Psalm 149:4
...God delights in his people
So the lesson is this. When we are feeling frazzled, we must be determined to look beyond it! When we do, we just might find a real “find”; our GOD waiting to show us something new, teach us something amazing, or bless us beyond imagination.
Psalm 84:11
He blesses us with kindness and honor. The Lord freely gives every good thing...
Thanks again to my FREEDOM family for a wonderful surprise!
I love you all…
Freedom Church
Pastor GDelaney

No comments:

Post a Comment