Tuesday, July 2, 2013

LUMPY THROATS




Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
1-3The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.
Psalm 56 says, “When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
How often do we pause to remember this?
When we are ask to enter into the "fearful” things of life do we wait to first bring GOD along or do we trudge into the darkness under-equipped and saddled with fear?
We don’t have to.
And while trepidation is to be expected and lumps in the throat are likely, GOD says don't go it alone. He reminds us that He has the perfect plan and path for the “fearful”things. All He asks is that we trust Him.
Case in point.
Last night I had the bright idea to do “ask the Pastor” at FREEDOM. Many times folks have questions when it comes to recovery and I thought given we were a little short staffed last night, to keep things simple I would do a Q and A rather than a "talk".
Little did I know that the Q & A would quickly turn from a light-hearted “time filler” to some hard hitting, hard searching forum.
Some of the questions caused trepidation and I will admit to some serious “lumpage” in my throat.
I learned quickly that my FREEDOM folks don’t know how to serve “softball”questions. Instead they were firing 98mph fastballs at me. Questions concerning homosexuality and GOD, questions about how I felt about using medications to deal with addiction, questions about "what is really clean" and what is this “trusting GOD thing” all about anyway.
If I ever needed some Psalm 56 wisdom it was sitting on that stool on stage last night. And whether my answers pleased everyone (and I am sure they didn’t), I just trusted GOD with the answers. I did. I let His Word do the talking and I pray that His Words and not mine will what will be remembered.
But I share the experience of last night to come to this.
I don’t care what it is that we are facing day by day, we need to remember GOD wants to help; GOD wants to be heard; GOD has the answer. It is our job to listen and trust.
Romans 8:26
Also, the Spirit helps us. We are very weak, but the Spirit helps us with our weakness.
Lord knows I was in a weak spot last night, but He listened and helped!
Remember GOD has all the time and desire imaginable to help us with our trepidations and trials or for when we enter into "fearful" things. He delights in it. He loves to help!
James 1:5
If you don’t know what you’re doing, pray to the Father. He loves to help. You’ll get his help, and won’t be condescended to when you ask for it. Ask boldly, believingly, without a second thought.
And no, GOD may not remove the trial. GOD may not alter the course of the challenge. But one thing is certain. GOD will remove the fear associated with it if we ask! He promises that!
2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of fear. He gave us a spirit of power and of love and of a good mind.
So if you are faced with some questions you can’t answer, some trials that cause trepidation, or are about to be faced with some fearful things today, believe in the WORD of GOD. Trust first. Ask for help. And walk boldly.
GOD can be trusted to help!
Isaiah 26:4
Trust in the Lord forever, for the Lord God is an everlasting rock.
I love you all…
Freedom Church
Pastor GDelaney

No comments:

Post a Comment