Wednesday, July 17, 2013

NEVER TOO HOT




Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
1-3The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.
Hot enough for you?
Don’t you hate when it is as hot as the surface of the sun outside and an old timer says that? You just roll your eyes? I know I do. I will be honest; I DO NOT like summer heat AT ALL. Once the mercury surpasses 85 or so, I am ready for fall.
Ask my kids.
They call me the “furnace”. In the winter time I will awaken in my bed to discover a couple of cold feet and nose nuzzled up trying to get warm. When I ask what is going on, they say they needed to get some “furnace time”.
Yep my kids are weird. You don’t have to tell me.
But I would dare to say none of us like it when it is too hot do we? When the heat and humidity get the sweat glands working at 8am?
I know I don’t.
But even I prefer that type of heat any day to what I will call “LIFE'S HEAT”. You know what I am talking about right?
Those days when life turns up the heat with circumstances, challenges, trials, troubles and stress; when deadlines, and commitments are cranking up the temperature.
Hard to find joy when life feels like a 100 degree day?
And while we may not have central air to combat the natural heat of summer, GOD most certainly provides a way to beat "LIFE’S HEAT!"
Acts 3:20
…times of refreshment will come from the presence of the Lord…
GOD will provide the relief from life’s oppressive heat. When we are feeling the effects of life’s challenges GOD says come to Him and He promises help, refreshment, relief and rest!
Hebrews 4:16
Let us go with complete trust to the throne of God. We will receive His loving-kindness and have His loving-favor to help us whenever we need it.
Jeremiah 17:7-8
“But blessed is the man who trusts me, God, the woman who sticks with God. They’re like trees replanted in Eden, putting down roots near the rivers— Never a worry through the hottest of summers, never dropping a leaf, Serene and calm through droughts, bearing fresh fruit every season.
Isn’t that wonderful truth!
Regardless how hot things might get. Regardless of how oppressive the heat may feel. In spite of feeling like there is no end to the “heat wave” in sight, GOD is always there offering help whenever we need it not to mention a refreshing and continuous flow of blessing! How do I know? It says so!
So the next time someone says, “Hot enough for you?”
Say, “Maybe for me, but never for GOD.”
Stay cool. Be blessed!
I love you all…
Freedom Church
Pastor GDelaney

No comments:

Post a Comment