Tuesday, June 17, 2014

LET'S RESET

Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (MSG)
1-3The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.

I used to be in the computer business. Now before anyone gets carried away, I was on the SALES side of this business. My motto, which was passed down from my boss was that “computers were for selling, leave the fixing to someone else.” So when it comes to the technical end of these wonderful tools of productivity, my abilities restrict me to the “shallow end” of the repair pool.

Usually my answer for end user questions was “reboot”.
You know…reboot.
Reset.
Start over.
Clear the “cache”; recycle the RAM or something like that.
I loved the “REBOOT”.

Were you aware that each and every day GOD gives us a chance to reboot to reset?
Yep He does.
Lamentations 3:22-23
22 The Lord's love never ends;
His mercies never stop.
23 They are new every morning;

Now I know I share that verse quite a bit in the DISPATCH, but it is such a powerful truth. In fact Beth walked into the bedroom last night after a day that started at 5a and ended at 9:15p quoting that verse. She was looking forward to her reset!
I spent some time yesterday working with a struggling “recoverer” who’s bad Monday was going to try to already ruin her Tuesday. 
This verse reminded her to pause and remember; when the clock struck midnight, Tuesday’s mercy was fresh and new and Monday was but a memory!
Matthew 6:34
… Each day has enough trouble of its own.

I believe the enemy works hard to sabotage our “todays” with the challenges of our “yesterdays”.
That is why daily GOD encourages us to reboot!

He encourages us to set our sights and energies for what is ahead of us, not what is behind us.  GOD says “Bad day? Let’s reset. I have something new for today.”
Isaiah 43:18-19
Amplified Bible (AMP)
18 Do not [earnestly] remember the former things; neither consider the things of old.
19 Behold, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs forth…

So if yesterday was a disaster, reboot;reset. If this week has already been forgettable, then forget it.
Make every effort to make today better. Set your sights forward. 
GOD will help you. He is waiting to clear the deck. He is standing by to reboot. All together now..."Let's reset".
Psalms 19:12-14
…Clean the slate, God, so we can start the day fresh! Keep me from stupid sins, from thinking I can take over your work; then I can start this day sun-washed, scrubbed clean of the grime of sin. These are the words in my mouth; these are what I chew on and pray. Accept them…

Have a blessed DAY!

I love you all
Freedom Church

Pastor GDelaney
 

No comments:

Post a Comment