Wednesday, December 31, 2014

FINISH WELL

Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
1-3The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.

These are the days to be courageous
Bold and full of faith…
Every day that we are given
Finish well…
For the glory of His name
Finish strong…
Give it everything we have
Finish well.
I pulled that from a lyric sung by Karen Peck and New River entitled “FINISH WELL.” for today's thought.

It is the END of 2014.
Hard to believe huh?

I went back to a DISPATCH I wrote to start 2014.  What were the goals in it? What was I hoping to accomplish? 
Am I FINISHING WELL?  Strong?

Interestingly enough I had encouraged myself and all of us to simply OBEY GOD this year and trust Him with what was next.

And ironically last night as I was sharing some “thank you’s” following an appreciation dinner I had prepared for my Jeremiah Tree volunteers, I encouraged them to keep praying and obeying GOD for the upcoming season at the “TREE” and to TRUST GOD with what was next.

So while I clearly missed on some of my other resolutions (eat less sugar, be more efficient, etc.) at least the seed that GOD had planted in these two areas had taken a little root; maybe even produced a little fruit.

But it should not take the calendar to come to a close for us to ask of ourselves each day did we finish it well.  No. 
Rather it should be a part of our nightly routine to go back over the previous day and ask a few questions...

Did I love like GOD would want me to love?
Was I generous today?
How was my attitude?
Did an old sin command my attention?  How about selfishness?
If someone encountered me would they have seen CHRIST?

As the lyric encourages…”every day we are given is for the glory of GOD.”
So at the end of each of them we need to be able to reflect and surmise before the head hits the pillow...“Did we finish today WELL?”

I shared this little quote before…
Take steps each day to be sure your life expresses commitment to Jesus. - Charles Stanley

So you want to "finish well" each day?  
Do that and you will!
Philippians 3:14 (ESV)
…press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.
 
I love you all
HAPPY NEW YEAR
Freedom Church

No comments:

Post a Comment