Monday, December 15, 2014

SHARE IT

Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
1-3The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.
 
“What’s mine is GOD’s and I’ll SHARE it”!
 
A wise quote shared ironically by another "Pastor Mark" yesterday. He is one or the pastors at FAIRWAY CHRISTIAN in the VILLAGES in Florida . We popped down here for a little R & R with my in-laws this weekend.
 
He was sharing the story of the “GOOD Samaritan”.  Those who know the parable know that there were some principle characters in this object lesson Jesus shared in response to a lawyer’s question of “who is our neighbor”.
 
There were some thieves who selfishly and ruthlessly attacked and robbed an innocent man. They lived by the motto “What is mine is mine and I will take it”.  There are two more characters, a priest and a Levite, who saw the plight of the beaten victim and did nothing.  They followed a different philosophy. “What is mine is mine and we’ll keep it”.
 
Sadly our culture is permeated by so many folks who embrace either of those philosophies; subscribing to entitlement and selfishness or apathy and indifference.
 
Yet I love the philosophy of the SAMARITAN from the story.  My provision is GOD’s and I am called to share it!
2 Corinthians 12:6 (MSG)
Each person is given something to do that shows who God is: Everyone gets in on it, everyone benefits.
 
GOD has granted each of us gifts and special provision. Be it talent or treasure we are all blessed as uniquely as our DNA or FINGERPRINT.
 
Therefore as the SAMARITAN we should be wired and motivated to SHARE them for the benefit and betterment of all we encounter!
 
Ecclesiastes 11:2 (MSG)
2 Don’t hoard your “goods”; spread them around. Be a blessing to others.
 
So can I encourage you today?  I know, I know I try to do that everyday.  But today don’t “hoard your GOODS”.  Don’t. 
 
Have something nice to say, say it.
Can provide a needed service to someone? Do it!
See the kettle ringer ringing the bell? Drop a little spare change and acknowledge his or her efforts.
 
“Love only grows by sharing. You can only have more for yourself by giving it away to others.” -  Brian Tracy
 
I say it a lot here and it is never more true than this time of year.  Be quick to SHARE what is GOD's.
Your love.
Your smile.
Your heart.
Your gift.
Your blessing.
 
GOD loves it when we do and you won’t regret it! 
I PROMISE!
 
1 Peter 3:9
…we are to be kind to others, and God will bless us for it.
 
 
I love you all.
Freedom Church

No comments:

Post a Comment