Tuesday, December 2, 2014

THE DELIVERER

Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
1-3The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.

“Never forget that God is far more interested in our getting to know the Deliverer than simply being delivered.” – Author Unknown

I really appreciate that quote.
In my line of work, in my “line of life” for that matter I am challenged daily with folks who are seeking “deliverance”.
Desperately seeking deliverance.

Deliverance from addiction.
Deliverance from the conflict in their marriages.
Deliverance from the pain of poor choices.

Whether it is a mom crying out for her little boy to “finally” see the light while he occupies a recovery bed or a husband broken over watching his wife spiral away from him, the kids and their home due to alcohol, I daily encounter folks who cry out for “deliverance”!

But as that quote suggests GOD wants MORE for us than just His deliverance.  

In fact He has promised to GRANT that deliverance when we decide to engage Him as the DELIVERER; when we trust His way for our lives, when we “abide” in Him daily.
John 15:7 (LB)
But if you stay in me and obey my commands, you may ask any request you like, and it will be granted!

GOD desperately wants us to engage Him in our struggles.  He wants us to trust Him with our trials.  He wants us to cast our cares on Him as the Word suggests.  He wants us to cry out so that He can help.
And He most certainly will help!
Psalm 50:15 (ESV)
…call upon me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you

But we can’t stop there.

For while GOD is always there for our 911 calls, GOD wants to be our 411 call as well.  
He wants us to reach out to Him constantly!

Need answers for what to do next today?
Get to know your DELIVERER.

Facing a challenging circumstance or consequence?
Get to know your DELIVERER.

This same GOD who delivered you from “the trouble” wants more! He wants to be engaged today for WHATEVER you may face. 

The questions of life?
He has answers. 

Confusing relationships?
He can sort them out and bring clarity. 

Confused thinking?
He can sift through the noise and provide direction.

So let's elevate GOD past the "911" and engage Him as your "411" for all things.

Get to know your DELIVERER...
Psalm 18:2 (ESV)
The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer, my God, my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. 

...And deliverance will follow!
 

Love you all…
Be blessed today…
Freedom Church

No comments:

Post a Comment