Tuesday, February 17, 2015

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE

Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
1-3The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.

We often flippantly quote Philippians 4:13.
It is an easy “go to” when a friend or colleague is facing something that is clearly beyond them or overwhelming or when we are in crisis.
“Remember we can do all things”, we chime.

But the truth of the matter is that in and through CHRIST we should confidently believe we CAN do amazing things!
John 14:12
(Jesus said) Very truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and they will do even greater things…
We should not reduce it to a cliche'

I am currently the simple spokesperson for a project here in my hometown.  The project is an effort to build a “HUB OF HOPE” for my community’s homeless, impoverished and addicted. (www.simonkentonbridgesofhope.org) is the link to it.
I was asked by a government official the other day while giving a progress report on the project if I “believed” we could maintain the momentum we have experienced thus far in the project; could we do it?
My reply was “If I am worth my salt as a Pastor, of course I believe in something greater than me to do just that.”

But when I got home, I almost questioned my answer; not for whether it was right or wrong but whether I really believed it. I wondered if I was guilty of giving it the “Philippians 4:13 treatment” with little or weak conviction.  
I will confess that.

Why do we do that?
Why when Jesus HIMSELF said with the HOLY SPIRIT’S help we could be doing even greater things than He are we not convinced?
Is it doubt?
Fear of failure?
Lack of vision?
The enemy.
Experience?
I think a little of all the above and then some.

I should instead be asking why CAN'T we do the project?
Why can’t we heal the heroin addicted?
Why can’t we advance the impoverished?
Why can’t lives be changed at my church? You’re church? THE CHURCH?
Why can’t we change the tenor of our community and see the gospel thrive and flourish?
Philippians 4:13 says we can therefore we CAN!

“What we can or cannot do, what we consider possible or impossible, is rarely a function of our true capability. It is more likely a function of our beliefs about who we are.” – Anthony Robbins

And who are we?
Ephesians 2:10
…we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.

So friends stop doubting your possibilities. 
With CHRIST all things are TRULY possible. 
Believe it.
Embrace it.
Walk in it.
Nothing will be impossible to you. - Jesus Christ
 
I love you all!
Freedom Church

No comments:

Post a Comment