Tuesday, February 24, 2015

REFINING

Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
1-3The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.

The first one asked, "Why so much confrontation recently in my life?"
He struggles with anger.

The next asked, "Why is what I do never SEEM to be good enough to people?
She struggles with approval and co-dependency.

The third was trying to make sense of the incarceration, the time away.
She struggles with control.

God understands each of their challenges.  God understands each of their hearts.  God wants to REMOVE those things from them because they BLOCK their relationship with Him. So GOD has allowed OPPORTUNITIES for DEVELOPMENT in those areas. He is refining them.

In my case GOD knows those areas in life that need refining and in the last few weeks I have been placed smack dab in the middle of situations and circumstances that press me to address those issues.

I am conflict adverse, so GOD has allowed for healthy conflict in my life to get me to trust Him more.
GOD knows my ego can be problematic, so humbling opportunities have surfaced.  
GOD knows my heart is easily skinned and swayed for the wrong reasons and He is pressing me to be more discerning.

Truth is, we all are being refined daily.  The process is no fun sometimes, but necessary to reach our FULL POSSIBILITIES in CHRIST.
Therefore we have to be open to the “instruction”.
ROMANS 12:2(MSG)
...readily recognize what he (GOD) wants from you, and quickly respond to it. Unlike the culture around you, always dragging you down to its level of immaturity, God brings the best out of you, develops well-formed maturity in you.

And while this development can be trying and can be painful, GOD disciplines the ones He loves and He wants us to reach our very BEST!  So that means we have to “get rid” of those things that DON’T look like JESUS!  That means we have to PRESS THROUGH the trials IN FAITH knowing that they are FOR A PURPOSE and our FAITH will be REWARDED and GOD glorified if we do.
1 Peter 1:6-7
…tests have come to prove your faith and to show that it is good. Gold, which can be destroyed, is tested by fire. Your faith is worth much more than gold and it must be tested also. Then your faith will bring thanks and shining-greatness and honor to Jesus Christ.

Maybe you had a day like mine yesterday.  A day where your faith was pressed, your demeanor challenged and your patience tested.  I pray you handled your refining better than I.  I didn’t exhibit much faith or much humility. Just being real.  It wasn't a banner day for Pastor Greg.
Thankfully today is a new day to do a new thing!

But if you did, REJOICE!  
GOD is doing a work in you and HE isn’t about to quit until the work is done.
Philippians 1:6 (NLV)
I am sure that God Who began the good work in you will keep on working in you…
 
So rejoice in the refining!



I love you all!
Freedom Church

No comments:

Post a Comment