Wednesday, February 18, 2015

ANCHORED

Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
1-3The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.

Got the chance to actually “stay and sing” through an entire Choir practice last night.  First time in a “while”. 
It was REFRESHING. 
In recent weeks the demands of the ministries and other challenges have kept me from being able to do that.  I say it was refreshing because even though the texts and the messages still flowed in while the rehearsal was going on, having praise and worship as the background makes ministering to the needs so much better; even easier.

Yet it was after practicing a song called “HOPE’S ANTHEM” that led me to today’s thought.  And while I have referenced this song in a previous DISPATCH or two, it was something that one of our choir members said that resonated with me.
It was something that needed to be shared.

She shared of the time in her life when her mother became fatally ill.  She shared about the chaos of that time, the uncertainties of how her emotions were tossed to and fro. But she shared how GOD remained her ANCHOR through all of it.

Our leader Eric then shared the visual of a large cruise ship that in spite of rough seas when the anchor is dropped, the ship always returns “centered”.

We do have an anchor for the chaos of life. 
We do have an anchor for the rough seas of life.
And as we came to end the rehearsal time together and the myriad of prayer requests were uttered, this anchor, our GOD, provided the hope, the centering, and the steadying hand that those situations demanded.

Reminded me of an old song we sang back in the day…
“I’ve yielded myself to His tender embrace,
In faith taking hold of the Word,
My fetters fell off, and I anchored my soul;
The “Haven of Rest” is my Lord.
I’ve anchored my soul in the “Haven of Rest,”
I’ll sail the wide seas no more;
The tempest may sweep over wild, stormy, deep,
In Jesus I’m safe evermore.”

Sometimes those old lyrics do the trick don’t they?

Hebrews 6:19 (NIV)
We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure…

Are you facing some chaotic times today?
The prayer requests mounting up and the tempest feeling close?

I know just in my little sphere there have been two deaths, parental illness, children hospitalized, recoveries damaged, sentences levied, and incarcerations.  There are job concerns, relationships in crisis, bitterness birthing and confusion.
Those are STORMY SEAS my friends!

But our ANCHOR does and WILL HOLD!
Trust HIM.
Cling to HIM!
I am!
Psalm 125:1(LB)
Those who trust in the Lord are steady…unmoved by any circumstance.

We are ANCHORED!
 
I love you all!
Freedom Church
 

No comments:

Post a Comment