Monday, June 25, 2012

REMEMBER



Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Himtoday?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
ARE YOU SEEKING?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
1-3The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.
Got you’re to do list handy?
Given today’s calendar a review? Know where and when you are supposed to be later?
Got gas? Don’t forget the “honey dos” for today.
Bank, grocery, pharmacy, probably a couple of other errands I am sure.
For heaven sakes don’t forget to grab the kid at the pool after swimming, remember the day you “forgot” him…yikes!
Remember it is the last week of the month, got all of the bills paid, obligations met, and budget updated, July is just around the corner.
There can be a whole lot to remember some days huh?
But I will be honest. There is a reason I average just south of 4000 text messages and who knows how many emails a day. There is a reason I have my calendar on my home computer and my phone.
I have trouble remembering things. Do you?
No wonder. With all of the chaos and noise; the Twittering, the status updates, the 24x7 news cycle, it is so easy to get distracted and side-tracked. I mean come on, there is only so much workable space left in my feeble nugget for information.
But scripture reminds us of something that we MUST remember.
Ecclesiastes 12:1 (NLV)
12 Remember also your Maker while you are young…
Jeremiah 51:50
Remember the Lord, though you are in a far-off land. . . .
Now I know what you are thinking. I am far from young and I am not in “a far off land”. But work with me a little.
You are up and moving aren’t you? Reading this aren’t you? Then you are “young enough”. J
And that “far off land” might be the business trip or the overwhelming work week lurking over the horizon.
The point is, if we are not careful it is easy to forget GOD.
But right now, in this moment, while you are reading this little DISPATCH, pause and remember GOD; remember all that He has done on your behalf.
Remember that God has a plan and purpose for your life. Take the time to seek it out.
Did you know that GOD has a “will” for you today? He does.
He wants you to listen for it, watch for the signs and be obedient to it.
And "don't forget", God is constantly remembering you.
He is constantly thinking about you.
He is aware of you.
He never forgets you.
Psalm 139
…You know when I leave and when I get back; I'm never out of your sight. You know everything I'm going to say before I start the first sentence. I look behind me and you're there, then up ahead and you're there, too— your reassuring presence, coming and going.
See, He remembers you. :) happy
So what do you say? Let’s kick off this week and be sure to remember Him.
Have a blessed day!
I love you all.
Freedom Church
Pastor GDelaney


No comments:

Post a Comment