Thursday, June 7, 2012

WHAT IFFING...


Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
ARE YOU SEEKING?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
1-3The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.
“What if”...
“Sure I am ok today, but what if tomorrow they say no.”
“I can handle IT ok right now, but what if ‘he/she’ shows up, I know I will blow it.”
Projection. Fear of “the next”.
It is the enemy of a good recovery. I have watched an awful lot of people succumb to the pressure of the “what if”; getting ahead of themselves, worrying about what might happen next rather than taking care of what is happening right now.
There is a reason GOD carved our days into 24 hour increments. We are not really capable of handling much more than that. Think about it.
Can you control what someone will do next? Can you predict the future? Do you have a crystal ball cluing you in to GOD’s next step for your life and recovery?
If you did you would be on reality TV right after “Ms. Cleo.”
But we do have our moments of projection don’t we? We do sometimes get wrapped up in “what iffing” ourselves into quite the lather.
But GOD encourages us to stay grounded, maintain our current focus, to seize the day and do the best we can with it.
Matthew 6:34 MSG
Give your entire attention to what God is doing right now, and don't get worked up about what may or may not happen tomorrow. God will help you deal with whatever hard things come up when the time comes.
Truth is ours is a world filled with uncertainty, hardship, sickness, and danger. Trouble, it seems, is never too far from the front door. Jesus said so himself...
John 16:33
…In this world you will have troubles.
But we need not focus on the uncertain and the trouble for when we focus upon our fears and our doubts (our “what if’s” if you will), we may find many reasons to lie awake at night and fret about the uncertainties of the coming day robbing us of the energy we need for today.
A better strategy, of course, is to focus not upon our fears, but instead upon Jesus as Paul suggests.

Philippians 3:14-16

12-14I'm not saying that I have this all together, that I have it made. But I am well on my way, reaching out for Christ, who has so wondrously reached out for me. Friends, don't get me wrong: By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I've got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward—to Jesus. I'm off and running, and I'm not turning back.
15-16So let's keep focused on that goal, those of us who want everything God has for us. If any of you have something else in mind, something less than total commitment, God will clear your blurred vision—you'll see it yet! Now that we're on the right track, let's stay on it.
God is as near as your next breath, and He is in control. So don't focus your thoughts upon the fears of “the next”or get debilitated with the “what if’s”. Instead, keep your eyes and mind on Jesus who is calling you toward Him.
2 Peter 1:3
[ God Has Given Us Everything We Need ] Jesus has the power of God. And his power has given us everything we needto live a life devoted to God.
I love you all.
Have a blessed day!
Freedom Church
Pastor GDelaney


No comments:

Post a Comment