Thursday, November 7, 2013

INDESPENSIBLE

Have you thanked Him?

Have you praised Him?

Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?

Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?

1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)

1-3The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.

The more I work with folks in crisis, the more thankful I am for the WORD of GOD. It truly is an indispensible weapon! It is!

Ephesians 6:16

…God’s Word is an indispensable weapon.

See I told you!

There are so many circumstances that I encounter; folks challenged with homeless conditions, families neck deep in financial chaos, individuals reeling from the impact of betrayal, or laid up in a hospital room following an unexpected and ill-timed episode, who need a word of encouragement to beat back the enemies of despair, hopelessness, anger and confusion.

And more times than not I have absolutely no answer for what that individual, couple or family are facing, but PRAISE THE LORD, He always does.

That is why I am discovering MORE AND MORE each day that when faced with crisis and confusion, I must lean first on this amazing and powerful WORD of GOD to answer those questions to guide those steps rather than leaning on my knowledge or intellect!

Proverbs 3:5

Trust in the Lord with all your heart

And do not lean on your own understanding.

In all your ways acknowledge Him,

And He will make your paths straight.

DO NOT BE WISE IN YOUR OWN EYES;

I believe we get ourselves in trouble from time to time (at least I know I do) when we go about dispensing advice and direction without consulting the WORD first. That is why more and more whenever I encounter any situation, I pull from GOD’s WORD that is hiding in my heart (or on my DROID app) so that might say and do the RIGHT thing for the situation at hand.

Psalm 119:11

Your word I have treasured in my heart, That I may not sin against You.

It has been my experience that when I refer to the WORD in counsel or crisis, GOD brings clarity; His WORD cuts through the confusion and to the heart of the matter just as He said it would.

Hebrews 4:12

For the word of God is living and active and sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing as far as the division of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart.

So the point of today’s DISPATCH is to encourage; encourage you (and me) to continue to hide that WORD, refer to that WORD, use that WORD, believe that WORD and apply that WORD!

IT IS INDESPENSIBLE!

Perhaps you are dealing with a mess in your life right now. Maybe there is something that is pending on the horizon that looks imposing and frightening. Perhaps you have some decisions to make or need to react to a pending challenge.

Lean on the POWER of the WORD to bring clarity, to open opportunities, to bring peace and direction to that situation.

NEVER FORGET!

It is the unerring, unfettered WORD of Almighty GOD that promises to show you where to go, what to do, and how to respond!

Don’t believe me? Believe the WORD!

2 Timothy 3:16 (MSG)

…There’s nothing like the written Word of God for showing you the way…Every part of Scripture is God-breathed and useful one way or another—showing us truth, exposing our rebellion, correcting our mistakes, training us to live God’s way. Through the Word we are put together and shaped up for the tasks God has for us.

It is INDESPENSIBLE!



I love you all!

Freedom Church


Pastor GDelaney



No comments:

Post a Comment