Tuesday, May 12, 2015

FACTS

Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
1-3The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.

Ever ask the question “Does GOD really love me?”
Come on, be honest.  When things are going sour or when you are challenged with difficulties have you or have you not uttered in discouragement or despair something to that effect?
Maybe it was, “come on GOD or really GOD or why GOD”?
I know I have.
It is natural to let our feelings sometimes dictate. Our circumstances and our consequences can put us in places where we feel distant or detached from GOD; even unloved.  
I get that.

But last night at FREEDOM after an afternoon of counseling with confused and discouraged people it was CRUCIAL to share some things that I have shared a time or two via this forum. And that is for us to lean on the FACTS and NOT feelings when we start questioning the LOVE of GOD.

And just what are the facts?

GOD loved us enough to send HIS best to save us.
1 John 4:10 (ERV)
True love is God’s love for us, not our love for God. He sent his Son as the way to take away our sins.

We are NEVER out of GOD’s watchful presence and engagement.
Psalm 139:7-11 (TLB)
I can never be lost to your Spirit! I can never get away from my God! If I go up to heaven, you are there; if I go down to the place of the dead, you are there. If I ride the morning winds to the farthest oceans, even there your hand will guide me, your strength will support me. If I try to hide in the darkness, the night becomes light around me.

Nothing can separate us from HIS love, nothing.
Romans 8:38-39 (CEV)
I am sure that nothing can separate us from God’s love—not life or death, not angels or spirits, not the present or the future, 39 and not powers above or powers below. Nothing in all creation can separate us from God’s love for us in Christ Jesus our Lord!
Petersen even goes on to say in his translation that none of those feelings of distance or “unlove” should EVER FAZE us for our FEELINGS and CIRCUMSTANCES don’t ever FAZE CHRIST’s love and intercession for us!

And the last fact is the MOST important FACT for when we are feeling like GOD has “stopped” loving due to consequence and circumstance.
GOD loves you. Always has. Always will. Period. End of story.
JEREMIAH 31:3
The Lord says, “I love you people with a love that continues forever.”

Therefore today the message isn’t overly profound or eloquent.  It is just an encouragement.  I know many of you are going through difficult times and upheaval. I know that you are feeling oppressed, even unloved.
My ENCOURAGEMENT is this.  
Don’t let those FEELINGS cloud the facts.  You have a LOVING JESUS in your corner this morning.  In fact the MESSAGE says “The One who died for us—who was raised to life for us!—is in the presence of God at this very moment sticking up for us.”

WOW!
So lean on the FACTS!
 “The great thing to remember is that though our feelings come and go God's love for us does not.” ― C.S. Lewis
 
 
Have a blessed day!
I love you all
Freedom Church

No comments:

Post a Comment