Thursday, February 11, 2016

FOR ONE

Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.

“If we help just ONE kid that is worth all of this.”
That was a quote last night from a board member of TJ’S Place in Centerville.  http://www.tjsplaceofhope.org/

TJ’s is one of my VALUED partners in our CHAMPIONS efforts.

Their mission is:
…to provide a safe, confidential, peer-reinforced environment to restore hope to young people caught in addictions or addictive behaviors. Through encouragement and support for one another, the goal is for every young person to realize their full potential and dreams.

Worthy cause.
Wonderful people full of love for JESUS and COMPASSION for kids.

And TJ’S PLACE rose from the ashes of a sad day, the loss of its namesake.  And yet GOD is doing a beautiful thing with a vibrant team of wonderful folks to which I am very excited to lock arms with to help steer our youth to lives free from destructive behaviors and addiction.

But it was her statement that caught my attention last night. 

For the one who made it was TJ’s mom.  It exposed the heart of a MOM who even though her son was gone, HER heart STILL beats for other kids, other families. 

Even if for only ONE kid, it is worth it.

That is the HEART of Jesus my friends.
Jesus told them this story: “Suppose one of you has 100 sheep, but one of them gets lost. What will you do? You will leave the other 99 sheep there in the field and go out and look for the lost sheep. You will continue to search for it until you find it. And when you find it, you will be very happy. You will carry it home, go to your friends and neighbors and say to them, ‘Be happy with me because I found my lost sheep!’ In the same way, I tell you, heaven is a happy place when one sinner decides to change. There is more joy for that one sinner than for 99 good people who don’t need to change.
(Luke 15:4-7 ERV)

The question today is,
“Are we willing to have that same heart, the heart for the ONE?”

Maybe we can’t do much more than offer a simple cup of cold water, but will we?  Will we for the ONE? Why would we? 
We should!
…as my representatives, you give even a cup of cold water…you will surely be rewarded. – Matthew 10:42 (LB)

Sometimes in our efforts for the “big crowds” or the “big events” we lose track of the ONE, we overlook the little things that we can do to make a difference in the lives of others. 

This same mom shared the story of a young shy man who just needed “encouragement” and someone to listen to move him forward. 

He now is flourishing with purpose. 

She shared the story of another who was so discouraged he was paralyzed with fear.  That was changed with a welcoming environment, a heart for the challenges and a willingness to do some “little” things to get him back on his feet. 
He is pursuing a life of culinary arts and NOT addiction as a result.

Hale said:
“I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do.”

Sometime all it takes is ONE to care about ONE to make a huge difference.

What little thing for “ONE” can you do today?


I love you ALL!
Opportunities for Hope (Champions Charge)

No comments:

Post a Comment