Monday, April 9, 2018

PRAYER for TODAY

Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.

"...pray for purity of desire, wisdom to recognize the enemy’s tricks, and strength to fight the battles….” - Tripp
WHY you ask?
Because…
The Lord is near to all who call on him...Psalm 145:18 (ESV)
Those are GOOD suggestions.
I would even offer they should be mandates to follow.
Really.
Praying for purity of desire?
I know my desires are often less than pure.  I know I have my days and moments that if someone could read my mind or if my thoughts were translated to social media it would shock and appall people.  My thoughts often look nothing like my Father’s thoughts.
 …your thoughts will be led astray from a sincere and pure devotion to Christ. (2 Corinthians 11:3 ESV)

And my desires?
YIKES!  They spend a lot of time “astray”!
There are more times than I can count when WHAT I desire is nothing near to what my FATHER would desire for me.
So “drawing near” to the LORD to better align those desires is WISE.
In fact, for ME it is necessary!…O God…renew a right spirit within me. Psalm 51:10 (ESV)

What about praying for wisdom to recognize the enemy?
Definitely NEEDED!
The enemy is baffling at times.  He is stealthy.  He is cunning. He is smart; real smart.  Taking him on under my own wits and wisdom is a failed strategy.  So, pausing to PRAY for counsel and guidance is crucial for a success campaign today.
Wouldn’t you agree?
So, we should pray for it!  GOD will provide.
He promised! If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you. James 1:5 (NIV)
And what about that prayer for strength?
Lord knows I need that.
I will be honest I am in over my head most days.  I have been for a long time.  When I try to “muscle up” and go alone, I don’t have what it takes. 
I don’t.
But when I pray for the Lord’s strength when faced with things like addicted young ladies who are selling themselves for dope, challenged and damaged young men who are selling out their hope and future for a fleeting high, or wading into new ventures, responsibilities and expectations GOD CAN and WILL DO ALL my heavy lifting.
That is not just for me.
He will do the same for you.  Again, He promised!
When we face insurmountable challenges, we can turn to the all-powerful Creator God. His strength and renewal can help us face our fears and do the impossible. (Psalm 27:1)
So, there is the prayer for today…
Ask GOD for:
A pure mind…
Wisdom for the battle…
Strength to carry it out…

Because…God wants us to pray before we do anything at all. – Chambers 
Let’s do just that…


 
HAVE A BLESSED DAY!!!
Love you all!
OPPORTUNITIES for HOPE


Pastor GDelaney

No comments:

Post a Comment