Monday, October 15, 2018

PEACE THAT SURPASSES

Have you thanked Him?

Have you praised Him?

Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?

Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?

1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)

The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.



You will stay true

Even when the lies come

Your word remains truth

Even when my thoughts don't line up

I will stand tall

On each promise You made

Let the rest fade away



There's a peace far beyond all understanding

May it ever set my heart at ease

Dare anxiety come, I'll remember that peace is a promise You keep

Peace is a promise You keep



You will stay true

Even in the chaos

Your word remains truth

Even when my mind wreaks havoc

I will be still

For I've known all along

My Jehovah Shalom



There's a peace far beyond all understanding

May it ever set my heart at ease

What anxiety fails to remember is peace is a promise You keep

Peace is a promise You keep



You are peace to a restless soul

Peace when my thoughts wage war

Peace to the anxious heart

That's who You are, that's who You are

You are peace when my fear takes hold

Peace when I feel enclosed

Peace when I lose control

That's who You are, that's who You are



I've found peace far beyond all understanding

Let it flow when my mind's under siege

All anxiety bows in the presence of Jesus the Keeper of Peace

And peace is a promise He keeps.



I was unable to go to my weekly gathering at AHOP yesterday.  I had to lay back at home in preparation for today.  But I tuned in on FACEBOOK LIVE and I was so grateful for the worship team as they shared this song.



Today will be a day like no other day I have ever experienced in my life.  It is a day that if I let it anxiety will attempt to riddle me helpless and paralyzed.  I can’t be more serious about that.  I am getting ready to step out of the boat today. (Matthew14).



I can’t say any more about today.  I would ask you as I did on Friday, to just pray.  I thank you in advance. 



But like most storms this one too shall pass.  It won’t pass without the evidence of it’s coming. Damage will ensue.
But it will pass.  "Peace be still" is the relevant declaration.



And it is because I know GOD’s peace as the lyric and the song say it surpasses all understanding.  Even though my stomach doesn't agree this morning.



But storms come.

Bad decisions lead to challenging consequences and circumstances.

But GOD’s peace overcomes them all.



Thomas Watson once remarked:

If God be our God, He will give us peace in trouble. When there is a storm without, He will make peace within. The world can create trouble in peace, but God can create peace in trouble



I am believing that today.  Or at least I am trying to.

The question is do you need to, too?








Have a blessed day!

I love you all.

OPPORTUNITIES for HOPE

No comments:

Post a Comment