Thursday, June 21, 2012

"CHARLIE BROWNERS"


Have you thanked Him?

Have you praised Him?

Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?

Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?

ARE YOU SEEKING?

 1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)

1-3The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.

When I was little I used to read “Charlie Brown” books all the time.  I loved that little crew of kids, still do to be honest.  But I always had a soft spot for Charlie.  As hard as he would try, nothing ever seemed to go right.

Try to kick the football, Lucy would yank it away.

Try to be the winning pitcher and Peppermint Patty would take him deep.

Try to fly a kite and he would suffer defeat at the hands of the kite eating tree.

Charlie just never could “get over”.  Not even the little red-headed girl gave him the time of day.

And almost always in the last frame of the strip would be Charlie letting out a big “UGH” or a heavy sigh; one more day, one more defeat.

Well here it is only Thursday and I have spent my week with several “CHARLIE BROWNS” that is for sure.

Account after account of some dear folks who are feeling low and isolated; beaten and tired; confused.  They are feeling defeated and dare I say distant from hope and possibility for a turn around.  The football has just been pulled, the losing run just cleared the fence, the tree has not only eaten their kite, but he was laughing with every chomp.

They (and maybe you) could use a lift.

So here it is.

Yesterday is gone.

A fresh start to this day is about to break.  A second chance is peeking over the horizon with the morning sun. 

GOD is waiting to offer you a “good morning”!

Check this out!

2 Corinthians 5:17 (New Century Version)

17 If anyone belongs to Christ, there is a new creation. The old things have gone; everything is made new!

GOD is ready to flip the script today!

Give Him a chance to help you.  He has what you need to finally kick the field-goal, strike out your adversary and craft the most beautiful and majestic kite you have ever seen. 

Let Him step in!  Others have and GOD listened.  He will do the same for you!

Psalm 30:2-3
God, my God, I yelled for help and you put me together. God, you pulled me out of the grave, gave me another chance at life when I was down-and-out.

Psalm 103:6-18
God makes everything come out right; he puts victims back on their feet.

Embrace the new chance for a better day that the dawn has brought you!

Shake off that old “defeated” attitude!  No more “UGH’s” and “SIGHS”. You have what it takes today to be successful! 

GOD on your side!

Romans 8:31

31…Since God is for us, who can be against us?

So come on my little “Charlie Browns”, let go kick that ball!



I love you all!

Freedom Church


No comments:

Post a Comment