Friday, June 29, 2012

CHASING WHAT?

Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
ARE YOU SEEKING?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
1-3The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.
What are you chasing?
Better place?
Better job?
The“right” one?
How about karma? Or is it self-actualization?
Maybe you aren’t quite so deep a thinker and it is just cool rims for your supped up Vega or Chevette (now that dates me huh?:) happy).
Face it we are “seekers” and chasers by nature. We never stop pursuing. Whether in mind or body, we are constantly chasing something.
That is why I asked you the question, what are you chasing?
I mean all of us have visions of “something” else; a grander life maybe our face on the cover of “Rolling Stone”. Let’s be real, no one wants the same old same old day in and day out right?
Sadly though chasing after the world's vision of fulfillment often leads to emptiness. And that emptiness often leads many to “finding something” to fill it.
Some try saturating their minds with new ideologies and experiences, eager to find the one that will finally fill the hole inside them. Others (many of us) went searching in and with things that proved to be destructive.
That is why it is important to know what you are chasing because genuine satisfaction comes only through GOD.
And daily we must make a decision to make the Lord our pursuit and give ourselves fully to that goal!
Philippians 3:12-14
I'm not saying that I have this all together, that I haveit made. But I am well on my way, reaching out for Christ, who has so wondrously reached out for me. Friends, don't get me wrong: By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I've got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward—to Jesus. I'm off and running…
When we make CHRIST our pursuit, we will begin to experience the satisfaction and fulfillment we crave. Don’t forget, GOD has crafted a purpose and a plan for each of us that matches our skill-set and talents, a fulfillment that is in alignment with the gifts HE has given us and that match HIS WILL for our lives!
That is what we are to be chasing because we know that is GOOD!
Romans 8:28 (NLV)
28 We know that God makes all things work together for the good of those who love Him and are chosen to be a part of His plan.
You are chosen for HIS PLAN and that plan is designed for HIS GLORY and it is a plan that is chocked full of hope!
Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans that I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope.
So before you get running this morning, take a pause and ask yourself...
“Just what AM I chasing today?”
If you need a little extra help…then…here is a suggestion.
Joshua 24:15 (NLV)
…choose today whom you will serve (CHASE)…for me and my family, we will serve the Lord.
Have a blessed weekend!
I love you all.
Freedom Church

Pastor GDelaney


No comments:

Post a Comment