Wednesday, February 17, 2016

FILL UP

Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.
 
Fill my cup Lord, I lift it up, Lord!
Come and quench this thirsting of my soul;
Bread of heaven, Feed me till I want no more
Fill my cup, fill it up and make me whole!
 
Depleted?
Bucket empty?
Exhausted?
Famished spiritually?
 
Is it time for a fill up?
Get away with me and you’ll recover your life. I’ll show you how to take a real rest. – Matthew 11:28 (MSG) Jesus says…
 
And a REAL rest doesn’t necessarily mean a nap or a week on the beach.  Rather a REAL rest might mean some quiet time for replenishment before wading into the day.  A real REST might mean giving all of that heavy lifting you are staring at to the LORD and let Him help.
For:
…the Creator of the farthest parts of the earth, never grows faint or weary...
No one can fathom the depths of his understanding. He gives power to the tired and worn out, and strength to the weak. Even the youths shall be exhausted, and the young men will all give up. But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength. - Isaiah 40:28-31 (LB)
 
It is WISE before the day begins to wait and FILL UP first.
Fill up with POWER.
Fill up with STRENGTH.
 
It doesn’t matter if you are one of those energy bunny millennials like my buddy Bekah or a graying around the temples Pastor who has been run a little ragged, the Bible says both will NEED a fill up and that both should take the TIME to fill up!
He has PLENTY.
…God, the source of hope, will fill you completely with joy and peace because you trust in him. Then you will overflow with confident hope through the power of the Holy Spirit. Romans 15:13 (NLT)
 
And GOD is willing to share.
 “As soon as I pray, you answer me; you encourage me by giving me strength.” Psalm 138:3 (NIV)
 
So it is okay to be a little weary. 

It should serve to remind us that the tasks at hand ARE BIGGER than us; that we NEED GOD. It should also serve to remind us that when we are weary and weakened GOD is primed and ready to “show us HIS stuff”.
 
…"I am weak, but THOU art strong" 
 
Let’s both do a little WAITING this morning.
I know the alarm has gone off and the calendar is begging for attention. 
But pause, wait, drop to your knees and FILL UP.
 
“Your emptiness is but the preparation for your being filled, and your casting down is but the making ready for your lifting up.”
― Charles Haddon Spurgeon
 
Fill our CUPS Lord, we lift them up!
 
I love you ALL!
Opportunities for Hope (Champions Charge)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment