Wednesday, February 24, 2016

NEEDED ADRENALINE

Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.
 
…“faith is not a once-done act, but a continuous gaze of the heart at the Triune God.” ― A.W. Tozer, The Pursuit of God
 
So "don't quit" gazing, don’t quit acting in faith.
 
When you find yourselves flagging in your faith, go over that story again, item by item, that long litany of hostility he plowed through. That will shoot adrenaline into your souls! - Hebrews 12:3 (MSG)
 
I shared this little nugget with my boss earlier this week.  It was on the heels of a word that he had shared with our 90 plus men at our monthly ENCOUNTER.  It was an encouragement to them to KEEP the faith in their individual and collective walks of recovery and with Christ. 
To finish strong. 
To keep pressing all the way to the tape as it were.
 
And as I looked around that room of men, I was inspired by their faith to keep at this REFUGE journey in spite of all the previous adversity, consequences, confusions or “flagging” faith.
 
For sometimes in my case the word flagging could be replaced with “fatiguing”.  When I find myself “fatiguing” in faith, I MUST be intentional to “infuse” myself with not just the story of Jesus’ faithfulness to which the writer of Hebrews is referring, but the stories of GOD’S favor and faithfulness that are ALL around me everyday.
 
Stories of places like “THE NEST”, a burgeoning women’s ministry birthed in the spirit of a sweet sister and inspired by our Champion's collaboration.
 
Stories of “empty” nursing homes being re-purposed as possible sober living facilities in Wooster because of the faithfulness of a Champion named Jerry.
 
Stories of partnerships that “traditionalists” say can’t really happen.
 
Stories of “The ‘HOUSE NEXT DOOR” in Springfield which with Champions, Women at Risk and others will one day offer sanctuary to girls in crisis.
 
Stories of men and women who are now NEW “creations in Christ” putting passion to practice with small groups, community plans, Nalaxone readiness, and drug prevention education.
 
When I am fatiguing in my faith, THESE are the “stories” that shoot adrenaline in my soul.  These are the stories that allow me to take one more call from a family member deeply troubled over their son or daughter, to take one more meeting with an addict seeking a solution, or one more coffee conversation with a mom whose son is “in the wind”.
 
For faith is NOT a “one time thing”.  Faith is to be exercised ALL day every day (Exercise daily in God— 1 Timothy 4:7 MSG) and when ours “FLAGS” we have THE FAITH of those around us to inspire and lift us up!

 “We are saved by faith alone, but the faith that saves is never alone.” ― Martin Luther
 
Marinate a little on that from Luther before you move on.  The faith that saves and I would dare to add, the FAITH that is invigorated and inspired is NEVER ALONE.  It IS inspired by others!
 
Are you flagging?
Are you a little fatigued?
 
Go back over the story of Jesus.
Pause and soak in the evidences of GOD in the lives and walks of others around you; see His favor and celebrate it with them!
 
Trust me that WILL shoot that much needed adrenaline into your soul!
 
 
I love you all!
Be blessed!
Opportunities for Hope (Champions Charge)

No comments:

Post a Comment