Monday, February 1, 2016

GRATEFUL DAY

Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.
 
I had a dear man following our time of sharing yesterday in Powell  Ohio  give me a little book by Francis Frangipane. The book he gave me is titled “I Will be Found By You”.
 
And while I haven’t had the chance to dive into it just yet, it motivated me to unearth a couple of little thoughts from Francis about gratitude.
 
Why? 
 
I was SO grateful for yesterday. 
 
After sharing in Powell, it was my beautiful wife’s 50th birthday and we got to share the afternoon with some of our closest family and friends. 
 
We had a LOVELY meal prepared by a friend whose story of recovery and redemption would cause the toughest to tear up.
I am grateful for him. 
 
Friends from outside Philly took the time to fly in just for the afternoon to surprise Beth; all five of them.  I am grateful for them.
 
There were smiles.
Laughter.
Tears.
Hugs.
Blessings.
 
Frangipane surmises that…
“The very quality of your life... is based upon how thankful you are toward God. It is one's attitude that determines whether life unfolds into a place of blessedness…”
 
I was SO thankful for GOD yesterday and certainly blessed.
 
GOD gave me Beth who has stood beside me through the most horrid of times for me and to her.  He gave me 3 awesome kids and a future spouse or two who helped immeasurably with the day.   
A day that was glorious.
 
Beth was radiant though under the weather. Friends and family journeyed from Columbus Dayton, and other parts to share with us.  It was a good day.
 
A day to be grateful.
 
The moment we become grateful, we actually begin to ascend spiritually into the presence of God. – Frangipane.
 
And GOD’S presence WAS there.
 
As my friends helped to serve the ministry of ONE BISTRO with prayer and donations, GOD was there.
 
As we circled together for prayer and a birthday blessing, GOD was there.
 
GOD was there in the gratitude of the moment…
For:
The key that unlocks the gates of heaven is a thankful heart. – Frangipane.
 
It was a heavenly afternoon.
 
Can I offer some encouragement today?
It is a "good day for a good day" for you.  
It is.  
You don’t need a birthday party or Chef Markus’ special “Still FINE at 50” chocolate cupcakes.  It is a good day to be grateful.
 
...Give thanks to him and bless his name. – Psalm 100:4 (LB)
 
“God gave you a gift of 84,600 seconds today. (WILL) you (use) one of them to say thank you?” ― William Arthur Ward
 
You don’t want to miss YOUR blessing!
 
I love you all.
Opportunities for Hope (Champions Charge)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment