Monday, September 17, 2018

DARE TO ASK

Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.

Now to Him who is able to [carry out His purpose and] do superabundantly more than all that we dare ask or think [infinitely beyond our greatest prayers, hopes, or dreams], according to His power that is at work within us, to Him be the glory…
Ephesians 3:20-21 (AMP)

Been struggling of late with sleep among some other things.
Just being honest.

This quarter hasn’t been a red-letter one. That is for sure.
But as I laid in my chair trying to fall back asleep last night, a Pastor shared this passage on the INSPIRATION channel.

And it served to remind me that while I may be dealing with some physical and mental attacks at the moment, GOD STILL carries ALL the POWER to carry out HIS PURPOSE.  I don’t have to.  I don’t want to. And right now, without HIM I can’t.

No measure of attack has the chops to derail what He wants to do in and through each of us.

He is ABLE.
And just when we think "we have failed HIM" or we are “too far gone” or “things just aren’t going the way we want them to”, we are reminded that if we would just DARE to ask GOD HE will immeasurably SURPRISE and, in my case, SUSTAIN us.

These are the mornings when I know the POWER in me is inadequate.
These are the mornings when my frailties and fallibilities do their best to cripple me.  
These are the mornings when I need reminded that while I may not “feel” great, that while my mind, choices and body are scheming against me, I still have a POWER living within me that is greater than my feelings, my hurts, my mistakes, my fears and my sin. 1 John 4:4.

And as a result, I can DARE to lean on that!
I can ASK for the superabundance that is promised with that.

For when my tank is waning, when my fears are amplified, when my struggles are making me sick, GOD is ABLE to turn that tide. 
And yes, while the suffering is UNPLEASANT, it will SUBSIDE!
the God of all grace… after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast.
1 Peter 5:10 (NIV)

I know this theme of struggle has been weaving in and out of the OFH for a while now.  I am sorry about that. But I know I am not alone.


The attacks have been heavy.
The attempts by the enemy to hurt have been systematic and in some cases on target.

And yet we MUST remember!
GOD hasn’t been surprised.
GOD hasn’t been upended.
GOD hasn’t even been grazed.

And because He hasn’t HE can be trusted to PROVIDE the POWER, the INSIGHT, the HEALING, the GRACE, the OPPORTUNITY, the PROMISE, CALMING, the SUPERABUNDANCE and the REVELATION needed to get US through.

I know I have more rough days ahead. Peter said so.
But I am DARING to ask for the help, DARING to tap the SOURCE that resides in me to OVERCOME!

I know WE WILL!


Have a blessed day…
I love you all.

OPPORTUNITIES for HOPE

No comments:

Post a Comment