Tuesday, September 18, 2018

DISPLACE

Have you thanked Him?

Have you praised Him?

Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?

Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?

1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)

The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.



Do not be anxious or worried about anything, but in everything [every circumstance and situation] by prayer and petition with thanksgiving, continue to make your [specific] requests known to God.

And the peace of God [that peace which reassures the heart, that peace] which transcends all understanding, [that peace which] stands guard over your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus [is yours]. - Philippians 4:6-7 (AMP)



I have come to deeply lean on this passage when under pressure or when the circumstances of life are such that I truly have no control.  And folks who know me know that I like to at least have a little semblance of control.  I think we all do. 

None of us are big fans of the unknown, are we?



But what I appreciate about this passage especially from the AMPLIFIED is GOD doesn’t just say, “don’t worry”, but INSTEAD of worry DIRECT your energies TOWARD me for I DO have control, I always have!  So, when things are out of your control, turn to Me who has full control, full understanding, complete empathy, and the capacity to help!

We don’t have a priest who is out of touch with our reality. He’s been through weakness and testing, experienced it all—all but the sin. So let’s walk right up to him and get what he is so ready to give. Take the mercy, accept the help. – Hebrews 4:15-16 (MSG)



Isn’t that comforting?

Cause you to take a deep and refreshing breath?

Relieve the pressure?

It did me.



Especially when verse 7 says that when we REPLACE the WORRY with PRAYER and PRAISE, the GOD of PEACE, that PEACE that passes all our understanding, our confusion, our uncertainty, and our anxiousness will STAND GUARD over our hearts and most notably our minds.  And when GOD’S peace REPLACES worry in our lives everything does indeed get better! It shifts our focus to GOD promise to “keep him (her) in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed” on Him (Isaiah 26:3 ESV).



That “brings home” that promise from verse 7!



That verse that Peterson phrases this way in the MESSAGE…

(then) a sense of God’s wholeness, everything coming together for good, will come and settle you down. It’s wonderful what happens when Christ displaces worry…(Philippians 4:7 MSG)



WOW!

GOD’S WHOLENESS?

A SETTLED spirit rather than an anxious one!

That is wonderful news especially after what can only be described as another wrestling match with the enemy last night. 



So, friends, I am grabbing the promise of God’s peace that comes when I shift my misspent energy of worry to PRAYER and COMMUNICATION. I will be honest, I am begging GOD for help today.  And HE says trade faith for the fear and anxiety and PEACE, much NEEDED peace will come.



I am praying it does.

For you too.





Have a blessed day…

I love you all.

OPPORTUNITIES for HOPE

No comments:

Post a Comment