Monday, September 24, 2018

REFLECTING

Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.
 
It was a “week”.
As I paused to take my morning vitamin and as my morning coffee was brewing, I took just a second to reflect on the week that was.
 
Flash back to one week ago today, I am crippled by another onset of anxiousness and illness.  Monday night I face the single most harrowing night of sleep in my life.  I awaken Tuesday almost paralyzed from the unexpected attack.
 
Doctors are engaged.
Counselors are engaged.
Prayer teams mobilized.
I am a mess.
And looming on the horizon is one of the most important weekends in a daddy’s life.
 
Wednesday I am feeling unfit but better.  Praying a lot.
Thursday arrives and GOD as GOD does, settles me down. (Philippians 4:6) resets my focus and clears the deck.
 
The tremors subside.
The confidence starts trickling back.
 
Friday/Saturday and Sunday while a blur included laying to rest a dear friend of my family, a dress rehearsal, a rehearsal gathering with soon to be family. 
 
Then came Saturday.
A Saturday that Monday I thought I wouldn’t be able to do.
And yet…
His divine power has granted to us all things that pertain to life…
2 Peter 1:3 ESV
 
I needed that divine power.
For Saturday as the clock ticked toward 3:20 there I was with my precious little girl walking her down the aisle to be married.
And I was getting ready to do the marrying.
 
Standing there in front of one of my dear friends David as he greeted Hillary and I at the beginning of the ceremony, I had a flashback.
 
10 years ago, I was dying.
10 years ago, I wasn’t welcome at home.
10 years ago, I wouldn’t have been welcome in this setting.
10 years ago, I wouldn’t have been fit to attend the wedding yet alone officiate it.
BUT GOD.
 
Joyce Meyer comments that those 2 words DELIGHT her every time she utters them.
 
Friends, I almost died and missed the weddings of my little girls. 
That will sober you up in a heartbeat.
 
BUT GOD granted me the grace to be there; to participate and what is so WONDERFUL, is I will remember them. 
Something that 10 years ago would have been impossible.
 
But I should be surprised… (Matthew 19:26)
 
That is why I start each day with gratitude and start each OFH with a thanks.
 
BUT TODAY it is a little different. 
Dickens encouraged us to REFLECT upon our present blessings.
 
This morning I am REFLECTING and am filled to the brim with GRATEFULNESS.
 
In one short week I journeyed from paralyzed with fear to uniting my little girl in marriage.
 
Impossible?
For me, yes!
But GOD? No.
 
Liddle said, God is not helpless among the ruins. God's love is still working. He comes in and takes the calamity and uses it victoriously, working out His wonderful plan of love.
 
He did for me this week.
I am confident HE will do for you as well!
 
 
Have a blessed day…
I love you all.
OPPORTUNITIES for HOPE

No comments:

Post a Comment