Tuesday, September 11, 2018

KINDNESS/UNITY

Have you thanked Him?

Have you praised Him?

Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?

Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?

1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)

The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.



911

Emergency call.

Or

9.11, the day that changed things forever.



Like you I can remember. 
I was at my kitchen table after just getting my daughter off to school watching REGIS and KELLY when the news broke in. 

And I never left.  Didn’t go to work.  Didn’t move. Just watched.



Then I started to get a little concerned.

Beth was pregnant.

The girls weren’t home.

WPAFB was close.

The rumors were circulating.

Fear was starting to bubble.

I had colleagues from my work that were “in the air” heading to meetings to start the last quarter push for sales.  I was scheduled and bowed out at the last minute.



And after flying 270 times in 2000/2001, I didn’t fly again until 6 years later.



I am certain you have your recollections of today 17 years ago.

And it will be intensely covered today on the news. The heroes, the conspiracies, the continued fallout.



So much like many others will do, I just encourage you to REMEMBER.



Remember the fallen.

Remember the families.

Remember the resolve.



But what I want you to REALLY remember is, the UNITY.



Our CULTURE in just a short period of time have already lost the unity that was.  We have become a divided and angry bunch.  
Selfishness has replaced the selfless acts of heroism.

Bitterness for the benevolence.



“ME FIRST” has replaced “HOW CAN I HELP”.

So perhaps today can shed some much-needed perspective.



We are a NATION UNDER GOD, INDIVISIBLE.

And it certainly would be sad that it would take a TRAGEDY to unite us again, but we seem to be heading there.



And no, I don’t have some sweeping solution or reform.  While I sometimes flitter around the world of policy, I am certainly not cut from that sort of cloth.  Rather I lean on the simple solutions.



Therefore, as we reflect on the courageous of that day today. As we reflect on the selfless acts of vigilance and care, let’s also do something simple.

Lay aside bitter words, temper tantrums, revenge, profanity, and insults. But instead be kind and affectionate toward one another.  - Ephesians 4:31 (TPT)



Kindness does not need the catalyst of tragedy.

And perhaps it can be the first step to UNITY again.





Have a blessed day…

I love you all.

OPPORTUNITIES for HOPE

No comments:

Post a Comment