Friday, April 12, 2019

BURDEN-BEARING

Have you thanked Him?

Have you praised Him?

Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?

Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?

1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)

The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.



Been missing time at the keyboard lately. 

Forgive me for that.

But I haven’t been missing time with the Lord. 



And just as a quick update on my dad, after a 30+ hour day between Wednesday and Thursday when dad and several of us were in the hospital, a day when he was discharged only to return with a severe case of bile leakage in his belly, is improving.  At the time of this penning he was resting.  He has a long way to go for sure, but GOD has most certainly got him.



And what I want to share today is the importance of community.  While social media has its dark side with its bots, trolls, hate speech and weaponized criticism, there is a good side to it too.  I can attest!



For I have posted a few times how dad (83) and mom (81) were faring, and it was remarkable how QUICKLY folks responded and continue to respond with confirmations of prayer and care.  To be honest, it is a little overwhelming the love that has and continues to be poured out.  I would say with just 3 posts dad has had over 1000 “likes/loves” and more that 500 prayer commitments.



And last night while watching my son in his show at the high school, folks from all over our little community here in Xenia wandered up to Beth and I with concern and inquiry.  So, while the journey for dad has been tenuous and trialed, it has a bright side.  
He is loved. 



Without question this has been one of the most difficult years for my dad and mom.  They have suffered betrayal and belittling; some at the hands of who they thought were allies and friends.  And now illness.  But through it all, GOD has proven himself faithful.  He has opened new doors and His hand is most certainly on my dad as he improves.



And he and mom’s recent journey brings to mind that familiar passage from Paul that says, “We all experience times of testing, which is normal for every human being. But God will be faithful to you. He will screen and filter the severity, nature, and timing of every test or trial you face so that you can bear it. And each test is an opportunity to trust him more, for along with every trial God has provided for you a way of escape that will bring you out of it victoriously.” – 1 Corinthians 10:13 (TPT)



And GOD is bringing them out of it with real friends; and we know how important friends can be.  With a friend you can face the worst. – Ecclesiastes 4:12 (MSG).



So, thanks again for all the love and concern for my folks.  Ironically this challenge has reminded them just how precious they are to so many.



But maybe you are facing a challenge today as well.  Grab that truth from Paul with both hands. See the test as an opportunity to trust GOD more.  
Share the burden. You will get through it!

GOD has likely placed friends to help you face it!



President U.S. Grant said this of those burden-bearing buddies, “The friend in my adversity I shall always cherish most. I can better trust those who helped to relieve the gloom of my dark hours than those who are so ready to enjoy with me the sunshine of my prosperity.”



So to all of you FRIENDS, I say thank you!

Have a blessed and friend-filled weekend too!




Love all of you.

OPPORTUNITIES for HOPE

No comments:

Post a Comment