Monday, April 15, 2019

OPENING THE DOOR


Have you thanked Him?

Have you praised Him?

Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?

Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?

1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)

The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.



“Always, everywhere God is present, and always He seeks to discover Himself to each one” ― A.W. Tozer, The Pursuit of God



GOD is ALWAYS, EVERYWHERE present, GOD does seek to discover Himself to us. 

Truth is, He is ALWAYS knocking.

Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in... Revelation 3:20 (NIV)



And what does He ask of us?

Open the door.

He is constantly making Himself available to be “discovered”.

When you search for me, yes, search for me with all your heart, you will find me.  Jeremiah 29:13(CEB)



I know we all experience those times when we barely feel He is there, much less doing any knocking. 

But trust me.  Your Father is ready link up today; everyday. 

Yet He leaves the “opening” to us.



And what happens after we open the door?

Does He come barreling in and start pointing out our dirty laundry or rearranging the furniture?

No, He doesn’t.

I get it, for some opening the door is well, frightening. 

We think that the Lord will use the opening as an opportunity to condemn us for all that is wrong with our lives; however, Scripture makes it clear this is not the case.

That verse from Revelation goes on to explain that Jesus wants to connect, even dine!



Friends, Jesus’ knocking is motivated by His desire to build a relationship with us.  And no, He does not force His way in, or arrive in order to shame us; rather, Jesus knocks on the door of our heart in order to present a gift – the gift of Himself.

Every hour of every day He wants to give that gift!



So, what will it be today?

GOD is waiting to be discovered.

He has made Himself EASY to find.

Hear Him knocking?



Journet said it beautifully when he said,

“God is constantly knocking at the gate of my heart to invite me to go beyond the state I have reached, because my whole life should be a journey on the way to Love.”



OPEN THE DOOR…



I love you all.

Have a blessed opened door day!

OPPORTUNITIES for HOPE

No comments:

Post a Comment