Monday, April 29, 2019

PONDER HIS PERMANENCE

Have you thanked Him?

Have you praised Him?

Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?

Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?

1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)

The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.



You can endure change by pondering His permanence.

Survive rejection by meditating on His acceptance. - Lucado

Don’t shuffle along, eyes to the ground…

Look up and be alert to what is going on around Christ – that’s where the action is. - Colossians 3:2 (MSG)



Change.

I am not a fan.



Now don’t get me wrong, I am not so tied to traditions and routine that I don’t adapt or enjoy experiencing new things.  I will be the first to venture in to a new diner or scout out a new bakery when I am on the road. I mean I woke up this morning to a “new look”, a change, in my OS on my computer that somehow happened magically overnight, and I didn’t freak.



Yet big changes due tend to cause some nail-biting and a little stomach churning.  I don’t think I am unique in that.  All of us like stability and the norm.  I love nothing more than “the routine” of our little dachshund when I come home. He jumps once and then rolls on his back for his belly rubbing greeting.



A routine like that never gets stale.



But the truth of the matter as much as we like for things to remain “normal” and stable, our world is anything but stable or normal most days.  Things can and do turn on a dime.  What we thought was a sure thing or a long-term solution sometimes isn’t, and we must adapt, endure and “change with the change”.



That is why I like the little wisdom from Lucado this morning.



He implicitly reminds is that change is inevitable, but GOD is immovable.  He implicitly reminds us that even in the face of seeming rejection, GOD never leaves, never FORSAKES and always accepts!  (Deuteronomy 31:6)



Some dear friends of mine recently had the rug pulled out from under them.  What was seemingly a thriving opportunity providing healing and help, one that was making a difference in the lives of those they were serving was suddenly rudely and inexplicably taken from them.  It has been a painful experience.



But to my FAITHFUL FRIENDS credit they are PONDERING GOD’S PERMANANCE (Malachi 3:6) and MEDITATING on GOD’S ACCEPTANCE. (Romans 8:31)



That is why Max’s words resonate today.

We all can endure because of GOD’s PERMANENCE.

And we all can survive because of GOD’s UNBRIDLED ACCEPTANCE!



What about you?

Going through some changes that have you unsettled?

Are you feeling a little unstable?  Pressured? Rug been recently pulled on you too?



Remember GOD’s PERMANENCE and faithfulness

(2 Timothy 2:13)

Remember even when you FEEL or have been REJECTED, you aren’t.

(Jeremiah 31:3)

GOD is waiting to LIFT YOUR HEAD and EYES to HIM

(Psalm 3:3)



Focus your attention on Him and not the change. 

Trust Him that the change has purpose, that He can be trusted and embrace the action!  Stay the course. Pray it through, day by day, minute by minute. The Lord has an answer and it (WILL) surely come. - Hanna



I love you all…

OPPORTUNITIES for HOPE

No comments:

Post a Comment