Wednesday, March 13, 2013

JUXTAPOSITION

Have you thanked Him?
 
Have you praised Him?
 
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?

Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?

1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
1-3The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.

Yesterday was an interesting day to say the least.  We were up at 3am on the road by 4. Bags were packed.  We even had a snack or two in the back seat.  Made sure all the technology was ready to go; phones, IPADS, Nintendo games. 

If one didn’t know better one would think we were headed for a trip somewhere, maybe a SPRINGBREAK destination was on the docket.

We even were up and gone so early I missed sending a DISPATCH for only about the 3rd or 4th time since the publication got started.

But yesterday wasn’t a trip to a sunny spot where the water laps up the sand or where little cartoon people sing songs and a bottle of water is $4.00 a pop.  No, rather Beth and I were on our way to meet our oldest at the James Cancer Center in Columbus where she was to have surgery for her cancer.

Yep. Cancer.

I never thought I would use the word cancer and my daughter in the same sentence, but life has a way of juxtaposing prose in some unexpected and sometimes frightening ways.

And if truth were to be told, I was wishing we were headed to the James for me.  Cancer and my name in a sentence surely wouldn’t be too far-fetched.  I am the one who has lived irresponsibly. I am the one who has pushed my organs to the point of shutting down.  Why NOT me and why my oldest; my sweetest and most unassuming child; the one who is committing her life and occupation to helping others; the one who always seems to be getting the short end of the genetic stick?  It wasn’t fair and it surely didn’t make a lick of sense.  It wasn’t the way that I would write it that is for sure!

But as I drove up Route 70 I was reminded…

Isaiah 55:8

“For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,” declares the Lord.

1 Peter 1:21

…because of this sacrificed Messiah, whom God then raised from the dead and glorified, that you trust God, that you know you have a future in God.

And if that was for me it is for Hillary most certainly.

And that my job yesterday was to…

Proverbs 3:5

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not trust in your own understanding.

So I resolved to do just that.  Stop questioning and start trusting.

And just as GOD has a knack for doing, he sent a friend, one of my dearest friends, the one who changed my life with just a Word and hope for the Lord, the one who prayed by my bed side and allowed GOD to turn it around for me.  And there he was again in the prep room with the WORD that was needed for this surgery day, this scary day for my little Hillary.

And as Mark read, I was reminded again that all would be just fine.

Romans 8:18-39

18 I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us. 19 For the creation waits in eager expectation for the children of God to be revealed. 20 For the creation was subjected to frustration, not by its own choice, but by the will of the one who subjected it, in hope 21 that[h] the creation itself will be liberated from its bondage to decay and brought into the freedom and glory of the children of God.

22 We know that the whole creation has been groaning as in the pains of childbirth right up to the present time. 23 Not only so, but we ourselves, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for our adoption to sonship, the redemption of our bodies. 24 For in this hope we were saved. But hope that is seen is no hope at all. Who hopes for what they already have? 25 But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently.

26 In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans. 27 And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for God’s people in accordance with the will of God.

28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who[i] have been called according to his purpose. 29 For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters. 30 And those he predestined, he also called; those he called, he also justified; those he justified, he also glorified.

31 What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? 32 He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all—how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things? 33 Who will bring any charge against those whom God has chosen? It is God who justifies. 34 Who then is the one who condemns? No one. Christ Jesus who died—more than that, who was raised to life—is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us. 35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? 36 As it is written:

“For your sake we face death all day long;

    we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered.”[j]

37 No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. 38 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons,[k] neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation (NO NOT EVEN CANCER), will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

It is truly glorious when TRUTH can carve through the fear, the questions, and the anxiety and bring peace to the chaos.

Is that a WORD for YOU today?  Do you need to hear that message this morning?  Maybe you are burdened with a question or two yourself today. 

Well here is the message.

It is simply this.  GOD has got you. GOD has got “it”.

Trust Him. He isn’t going anywhere. And He never will.
My GOD bring peace and confidence to you today as He did us yesterday.

 
I love you all.

Freedom Church

No comments:

Post a Comment