Wednesday, February 11, 2015

PRAY FOR YOU

Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
1-3The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.
“Prayer is the open admission that without Christ we can do nothing. And prayer is the turning away from ourselves to God in the confidence that He will provide the help we need.”― John Piper

Each day on the DISPATCH I encourage you to PRAY.  Pray every way and for everyone.
One of those “everyones” is you.

Have you prayed for you today?

And I am not talking about the shopping or laundry prayer list for you.  No. Rather I am talking about that prayer for strength for you today, that prayer for wisdom for you today, that prayer for discernment and obedience for you today.
GOD gave you today.
First thank Him for it.
THEN ask for His hand in it. 

Piper points out that PRAYER begins with the acknowledgement that GOD is great and we are not and whatever HELP He has in mind for this little sliver of time we call today, we should seek it.
We NEED it!

So ask for it!
Psalm 86:11 (LB)
Tell me where you want me to go and I will go there. May every fiber of my being unite in reverence to your name.

When I look at my to-do list today there are a myriad of things that I am setting to do; several of which I am severely under-equipped to achieve on my own.  That is just the reality.

There is counseling on the docket. - Need GOD.
A sermon to prep for my congregation. - Need GOD.
Congregational care to administer. - REALLY need GOD.
Multiple presentations to craft and study for delivery tomorrow. - Need GOD!
FREEDOM prayer requests and practical needs that need attention and provision. - NEED GOD!

I WANT to be united with GOD because I know that if I am, my HOPES of success increase exponentially!
1 John 5:14-15 (LB)
And we are sure of this, that he will listen to us whenever we ask him for anything in line with his will. And if we really know he is listening when we talk to him and make our requests, then we can be sure that he will answer us.

I know your list is decidedly different than mine today, but EQUALLY important to GOD.  He wants to JOIN you in your work and efforts today.  He wants to provide, He wants to consult, He wants to guide.
Pause and pray.
Unite with Him.
He is listening.
 
I love you all!
Freedom Church

No comments:

Post a Comment