Friday, November 16, 2018

ARM and EAR

Have you thanked Him?

Have you praised Him?

Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?

Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?

1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)

The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.



Got a good friend who is a FAITHFUL texter of “a scripture of the day”.  During her morning reflection and study, she reliably sends a word or a verse from the LORD to her band of good friends.  It is such a blessing.  And if you know WHERE this friend came from, you would find her diligence and reliability EXTRAORDINARY!



And like all mornings, I got a little text from her.  Today’s passage was Isaiah 59:1: “Surely the arm of the LORD is not too short to save, nor His ear too dull to hear.”



That is solid right?

Reassuring right?



Made me think of that little chorus with some “modification”.

He IS there all the time

He IS there all the time

Waiting patiently in line

He IS there all the time



Simple as it seems, that wonderful truth of the omnipresence of GOD gets lost in the clutter of life.  We get so preoccupied or so busy with the noise that we forget to INCLUDE Him.



And He never “short arms” us.  God is always waiting with ARMS open WIDE and accepting.  His HAND always outstretch to assist or better yet carry us through.  His ears are always perked and tuned to our voice, our needs, our challenges, our fears, and our call, never so busy or so distracted as to not hear from us with perfect precision.



Lord, you know everything there is to know about me.

2 You perceive every movement of my heart and soul,

    and you understand my every thought before it even enters my mind.

3–4 You are so intimately aware of me, Lord.

    You read my heart like an open book

    and you know all the words I’m about to speak

    before I even start a sentence!

    You know every step I will take before my journey even begins.

5 You’ve gone into my future to prepare the way,

    and in kindness you follow behind me

    to spare me from the harm of my past.

    With your hand of love upon my life,

    you impart a blessing to me.

6 This is just too wonderful, deep, and incomprehensible!

    Your understanding of me brings me wonder and strength…

Psalm 139:1-7 (TPT)



He IS there all the time friends.

Patiently waiting for us to REACH out or to call on His name.

So, don’t face today on your own.

Embrace GOD.

Grab His hand and His ear!

The day will be MUCH better if you do.



Living becomes an awesome business when you realize that you spend every moment of your life in the sight and company of an omniscient, omnipresent Creator. - J. I. Packer





I love you all.

Have a BLESSED WEEKEND!!!

OPPORTUNITIES for HOPE

No comments:

Post a Comment