Tuesday, July 2, 2019

I WILL TRUST IN YOU

Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.
When You don't move the mountains
I'm needing You to move
When You don't part the waters
I wish I could walk through
When You don't give the answers
As I cry out to You
I will trust, I will trust, I will trust in You – Lauren Daigle
As I mentioned yesterday, my dad, 83, has been struggling with his health of late.  
The complex challenges have taken my dad to a pretty dark place.
The good news is he is back home with me and Dr. D today and that is always better than being in the hospital.
We rejoice in that.
Yet for those of you who know my dad know he is usually a bundle of energy and life.  Up until just a few short weeks ago he was active despite the advanced age.  He works in our home cleaning, shoveling snow, mowing the grass, and doing laundry.  He’s up and down the stairs 10-20 times a day, golfing 3 times a week weather permitting.  And yet in a very short period, illness and the seemingly endless procedures have left him a little frail and emotional.
Where I want you to focus today is on the emotional part.  Rarely in my nearly 55 years have I seen my dad cry.  Even when he’s lost and he has lost; four brothers a mama and a papa and many friends, yet dad is just not one to externally exhibit that hurt.  
He’s a self-reliant sort of fella.
However Sunday as we were working with the medical team(s) his upper lip started to quiver and tears welled up in his eyes.  I was a little stunned to be honest.  But it got me to thinking about that little lyric from Laura.
Right now, I know my dad is feeling like this is a mountain that isn’t moving, that the water is doing more pulling than parting and the myriad of tests and questions STILL don’t have a real good answer, a definitive prognosis.  And for the usually self-reliant, that can and is quite frankly overwhelming.  That can cause a tear or two to well.
But Lauren and GOD say TRUST.
When you face stormy seas, I will be there with you with endurance and calm; you will not be engulfed in raging rivers.
If it seems like you’re walking through fire with flames licking at your limbs, keep going; you won’t be burned… - Isaiah 43:2 (V)
We are trusting and believing that GOD will bring dad through this, but we also know that dad, who has been serving the Lord for most of those 83 years, has that calm assurance that can say, Lord, your will be done.
But perhaps you too are going through a difficult time. 
Maybe yours is financial or relational.  Maybe you too like my friend Tim and I are seeing a parent being challenged.  If so, remember those words from the LORD.
HE PROMISES to be WITH YOU, PROMISES TO CALM YOU and give you WHAT YOU NEED to go through it without fear!
Remember:
“…when desperation pulls at your heart, you can cry out to Him, knowing that He hears your every word and will answer and provide the encouragement you need to hold out in the face of adversity.” – Charles Stanley
Our job?
TRUST HIM!
I love you all!
Opportunities for Hope

No comments:

Post a Comment