Wednesday, July 17, 2019

SERVE FOR LOVE

Have you thanked Him?

Have you praised Him?

Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?

Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?

1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)

The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.



Yesterday I posted this little quote from nun and saint, Clare of Assisi. "Love God, serve God; everything is in that."



I attached this little verse to “re-emphasize” the point.

Make this your one purpose: to revere Him and serve Him faithfully with complete devotion because He has done great things for you. - 1 Samuel 12:24 (V)



I do think we often “OVER COMPLICATE” things.

GOD kept things pretty simple.



Love Him

Love Others.



Do that and everything else does fall into line, everything is in that.  And BECAUSE we love Him, we SHOULD serve Him.

Like the old song says,



I will serve Thee because I love Thee

You have given life to me

I was nothing before You found me

You have given life to me



Heartaches, broken pieces

Ruined lives are why You died on Calvary

Your touch is what I longed for

You have given life to me



The LORD has breathed life into you today.  That commands our reverence.  He GAVE everything so that we could HAVE everything.  That alone should be PLENTY of MOTIVATION to serve Him today, right?



Coron said it this way, “Coming from a place of humility instead of entitlement and recognizing that you are blessed enough to get the chance to do something, can change everything.”



Friends WE ARE BLESSED to have the chance to humbly SERVE Him today.  And I believe that GOD would want nothing more than for that service to bless someone else; someone who could really use a glimpse of the goodness and glory of GOD today. 



So, there is your assignment.

Acknowledge your LOVE for GOD.  Humbly ASK Him where or who you can SERVE today and then do it!

Remember…

He remembers the love you demonstrate as you continually serve his beloved ones for the glory of his name. Hebrews 6:10 (TPT)





I love you all!

Opportunities for Hope

No comments:

Post a Comment