Monday, May 18, 2015

BUOYING BASICS

Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
1-3The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.

Morning is good time to revisit the basics.  Pastor Jamie of AHOP yesterday encouraged us to remember our fundamentals, to avoid distractions to lean on the “trusted and true” each day.

Our lives ARE full of distractions.  Our lives have plenty vying for our attention and our bandwidth.  It is easy to get caught up in the chaos.
That is why sometimes and Monday’s are good “sometimes”, to just start with some basics in mind.

1. God’s grace and mercy are with you today. Whew! Thank GOD for that!
2. GOD is ready for whatever you want to throw His way; his WISDOM is prepped for today’s questions and quandary’s.
Proverbs 8:32 (MSG)
(Wisdom is) awake and ready… each morning, alert and responsive … When you find me, you find life, real life, to say nothing of God’s good pleasure.

Being buoyed by those basics?
How about:
3. With GOD all things are possible!
4. That GOD is the same this Monday as He was last Monday and last Monday He was awesome, powerful, engaged, invested, all-seeing, all-knowing and all-caring!  So that is good news for today huh?

You are catching the drift of this right?

It IS crucial to wake up each day believing the basics; to starting BUILDING this week on their FIRM foundation.

Maybe this affirmation will help.
Jesus You’re my firm foundation I know I can stand secure
Jesus, You’re my firm foundation I put my trust in Your Holy Word,
I have a living hope, I have a future and God has a plan for me
Of this I’m sure 
Your Word is faithful Mighty with power 
You will deliver me of this I’m sure.    Jamie Harvill, Nancy Gordon

I pray this will get you off to a GOOD start this week!
And before you get started here is one more “Buoying BASIC"…”

There is only one secure foundation: a genuine, deep relationship with Jesus Christ, which will carry you through any and all turmoil. No matter what storms are raging all around, you'll stand firm if you stand on His love. - Charles Stanley
 
 
Have a blessed day.
I love you all
Freedom Church

No comments:

Post a Comment