Thursday, May 21, 2015

UNSEEN

Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
1-3The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.

“I love to tell the story of unseen things above, Of Jesus and His glory, of Jesus and His love.” – Old hymn.

I could not have “seen” some of the recent interactions in my life coming let alone some of the recent intersections. There is no way I could have envisioned the signs, the changes, the possibilities and connections.  No way could I have envisioned the potential opportunities or struggles the conflicts or the need for conviction.

But GOD did. GOD does. He works in the unseen.

Many of you know I have recently been engaged in several collaborative projects. And not a day goes by when GOD isn’t doing some “unseen things above.”
Doors are swinging open and closed
Relationships are being forged.
He is making changes in me.
Stories are providing energy and validation
Holy Spirit revelations that if not written down could escape me, are providing the context for conversation.
I thank GOD that He continues to reward my often feeble and fickle faith and astonish me in spite of me.

But…
“Faith and hope make you to thank God for the invisible things by looking at the visible things which were once invisible too.” ― Israelmore Ayivor
Isn’t that good?

For example:
I was with a mom day before yesterday who never thought she could be sober, single, pure and hopeful.  But now she can see it every day in the mirror. What was invisible was now visible.  The unseen being seen.

I was with a ministry over the weekend that was the dream of a woman who saw her “neighbor” and remembered:
'Love your neighbor as yourself.' (Mark 12:31)
...and four houses and 50+ women later what was “unseen” was now being seen, supported, blessed and inspiring! The invisible has become “REAL” estate!

Look around.
What was once unseen in your life?
A marriage that had no shot that now is flourishing? (That is one of mine).
Kids who were once distant and hurting now sharing their hearts and future daily with their dad? (Oh, mine again, sorry)

Now those UNSEEN things above are the evidences of JESUS and HIS love; His love for me.  They are the by-products of faith and trust.

But I am not alone in this.

What in your life was just a dream or an impossibility that is now a reality?
Come on, there is something. 
GOD loves to “show off” from time to time.  He loves to do the impossible.  He loves to make ways out of no ways.  He loves to make things “appear”.
Remember:
“Yesterday’s impossibilities are today’s miracles.”

So do you have a story to tell of unseen things above? Of JESUS and His glory? Of Jesus and His love?
I am betting you do. 
So, share it! 
Relish in it! 
Build on it!
Most of all thank GOD for it!  
And then get ready. There are more where those came from!

For Hudson Taylor one said, “There are three stages to God’s will in your life: impossible, possible, and done.”
 
Have a blessed day.
I love you all
Freedom Church

No comments:

Post a Comment