Thursday, September 21, 2017

NO ROOM

Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.

Billy Graham once remarked that:

Two conflicting forces cannot exist in one human heart. 
When doubt reigns, faith cannot abide. Where hatred rules, love is crowded out. 
Where selfishness rules, there love cannot dwell. 
When worry is present, trust cannot crowd its way in.

I don’t know about you but there are some days when that conflict feels a little like Mayweather/McGregor TWO in my mind and heart.

I wake up with what I think is ROBUST faith.  I even sit down at my familiar spot, workout done, fresh coffee in the mug and do my best to embrace, apply and share “faithy” things, only to have doubt muscling in within minutes of hitting send.

Am I really meeting expectations?
How do others perceive me? Valued or dismissible? Knowledgeable or laughable?
Are the jobs secure?  What about the kids?
"You don't have what it takes."

But as Graham says, where DOUBT reigns, faith can’t abide.  So, let’s both fortify the faith today!

Luke 18:27 ESV
But he said, “What is impossible with men is possible with God.”

1 Corinthians 10:13 ESV       
No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it.

Psalm 23:1-6 ESV       
A Psalm of David. The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures. He leads me beside still waters. He restores my soul. He leads me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.

Familiar yes, but those truths are just what is needed to dispel those doubts!

For GOD IS in the business of the impossible and GOD has quite enough hope, power, provision and promise to diffuse ANY doubt when it is REPLACED in our hearts with faith in HIM and HIS WORD!

Friends the same thing can be said for hatred, selfishness, and worry.  We can’t allow them to have room in our hearts because they conflict with the amazing LOVE of the FATHER, the SERVANT’S SPIRIT of the FATHER and CARE of the FATHER for us.

Let’s not give any of them room today.
Let’s instead make room in our hearts for FAITH, LOVE, and TRUST.
Keep vigilant watch over your heart; that’s where life starts.  - Proverbs 4:23 (MSG)

…my heart! Have faith in God and wait; Although he linger long, He never comes too late. He never comes too late, He knoweth what is best… - Torrey

Have a blessed DAY!
I love you all.
OPPORTUNITIES for HOPE

No comments:

Post a Comment