Tuesday, October 10, 2017

DISTANCE DECEPTION

Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.

I think the reason we sometimes have the false sense that God is so far away is because that is where we have put him. We have kept him at a distance, and then when we are in need and call on him in prayer, we wonder where he is. 
He is exactly where we left him. - Ravi Zacharias

Have you had a time when you felt GOD was FAR away?
I know I have.

I can remember emerging in the early morning from places I didn’t belong doing things I shouldn't have be doing only to have “conviction” surface through the drunken and glitter sprayed fog and feeling SEPARATED; deeply separated.

Those times often led me “back in” to wherever I was or worse yet to doubling down with something on the way home to take that edge off; to at least not feel responsible for the gap I felt.

But even in recovery there have been days when I have felt distanced.  There are times when I sit down to write the OFH knowing what I know to be true, yet FEEL like I am alone. 
But I love where Ravi goes, what Ravi unearths.

WE put GOD at a distance, whether that is via sin or mis-perception.
WE wonder WHERE GOD is when the times turn sour or when the pressure is on.
Yet GOD has not drifted. 
NO, as Ravi surmises, GOD is RIGHT where HE always is, waiting patiently for us to REMEMBER He never changes, He’s the same, He is constant, and He is eternally reliable.

Friends, it is in the times when we feel DISTANT from GOD that we must learn from another who had his moments of DISTANCE DECEPTION, David.
How long will you forget me, Lord? Forever? How long will you look the other way when I am in need? – Psalm 13:1-2 (LB)

So, we’re in good company.

Yet David later reassures us that GOD is ALWAYS right where we left Him, He was and is there ALL the time. 
Is there anyplace I can go to avoid your Spirit?
    to be out of your sight?
If I climb to the sky, you’re there!
    If I go underground, you’re there!
If I flew on morning’s wings
    to the far western horizon,
You’d find me in a minute—
    you’re already there waiting! – Psalm 139:7-10 (MSG)

So, left GOD somewhere recently? 
Feeling a little distanced?
Remember…
He is right where He has always been and He IS waiting for you and me. 
He IS there all the time
He IS there all the time
Waiting patiently in line
He IS there all the time - Hymn

Have a blessed DAY.
I love you all!
OPPORTUNITIES for HOPE

No comments:

Post a Comment