Monday, October 23, 2017

FINISHED with the FOOLING

Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.

Took a little break from working this weekend and while flipping back and forth between a little football, I bumped into David Phelps’ concert on TBN.

And there he was in a high back chair, single spotlight sharing this quiet but intensely poignant song.

I can fool my closest friends.
I can fool my loved ones too.
I can fool myself, but then
Lord I know I can’t fool you.

I am walking wounded, broken.
I want back the joy I knew.
I need something real to hope and
Jesus what I need is you.

I’ve been such a great pretender
But it’s wearying on my soul.
I’ve no terms for my surrender.
Help me Jesus make me whole.

I’m so tired of being afraid;
sadness knocking on my door.
If you can fix this mess I’ve made,
Take me, take me now: I’m yours.

I don’t need a voice of thunder
for me to believe it’s true.
I don’t need a sign or wonder,
Jesus what I need is you.
Oh, Jesus what I need is you.

We have all been there a time or two, haven’t we?
Broken on the inside but doing our best to fool folks with a less than genuine outside?

Hurting.
Feeling vulnerable.
Knowing we have drifted.
Knowing we have been playing the role only to find it empty of heart, substance, or peace.

But I love that after the lamenting, Phelps pens the solution; SURRENDER.

In recovery circles that is a STEP 3 decision.
We made a decision to turn our lives and our wills over to the care of God. - Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God - this is your spiritual act of worship. Romans 12:1 NIV

Others say LET GO and LET GOD.
Either way when we have tired of the charade, surrender is pathway back to peace.

Ask yourself…
Have you been trying to fool folks of late?
Pretending that all is good while it truly isn’t?
Been fighting a losing battle with yourself?
Need fixing?

The Lord is whispering (1 Kings 19:12) I can fix this; I can clean this up.  The question is will you let Him.
Softly and tenderly Jesus is calling,
Calling for you and for me;
See, on the portals he's waiting and watching,
Watching for you and for me.
Come home, come home,
Ye who are weary, come home…


Have a blessed day! 
I love you all!
OPPORTUNITIES for HOPE

No comments:

Post a Comment